I need to write a letter to my girlfriends parents... *update in 1st post*

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by BigToque, Sep 1, 2004.

1. BigToque

BigToque Lifer

I'm not really on great terms with her parents at the moment. When my girlfriend was moving out, they were telling her that I'm a bad influence on her and because of me, her life is going downhill and they banned me from their house. This had been going on for a while, so after I was "banned" from her house I just said fsck it. I don't need to put up with their garbage. If they come to their senses, they can apologize and I'll think about hanging around again.

Anyway, I am going to visit my girlfriend in India and I am not going to be telling them in person. I have no desire to see them, so I'm just writing a letter.

The first thing that will happen is they will disown their daughter and accuse her of using her uncle (who offered to pay for the trip - after she had already decided to go) to pay for a free vacation for me and her. It's stupid, but that's what will happen. Next, they will reject me, saying I'm some awful sinning person and I'm not good enough their daughter (because I'm not catholic), etc...

So anyway, I need to write a letter telling them the situation, but it has to be more than just "I'm going to India"...

What do I say? I have not been able to think of anything in the last 2 weeks and I leave in 8 days!

***Update***

Letter: 1st draft.

2. Drakkon

Drakkon Diamond Member

ummmmmm i dont get why u have to tell them anything since your already on bad terms with them? i mean they're not your parents so should be up to the gf to say anything...

3. Anubis

Anubis No Lifer

why tell them at all?

4. brunswickite

brunswickite Diamond Member

Dear gf's rents

I am going to india to bang your daughter.

-stefan

5. Heisenberg

Heisenberg Lifer

Perfect.

6. Xionide

Xionide Diamond Member

I see no errors here.

-Xionide

7. Beau

Beau Lifer

P.S.: Go to hell.

8. BigToque

BigToque Lifer

I believe there may be a greater chance of this not ending up with her whole family disowning her if I say something then if she does. They don't listen to her anyway. I also feel a letter is more appropriate because they can hear everything I have to say. If I told them in person it could turn into a heated arguement and I might say things I dont want to.

9. ddwbi0

ddwbi0 Senior member

you're just going to make your gf's life even worse when she gets back home

10. BigToque

BigToque Lifer

Are you saying that I'm going to india with the intention of making my gf's life worse for her when she gets back? If so, you are incorrect in your assumption.

11. farmercal

farmercal Golden Member

I too vote not to let them know at all. Your trip is between your girl and you. Did her parents tell her that they needed to be notified every time she had visitors?

12. Drakkon

Drakkon Diamond Member

ur whipped already...and its the worse kinda whipped...by the inlaws...
    thats pretty bad...grow a pair and learn not to care :D

13. BigToque

BigToque Lifer

I'm not going to have a trip like this be a secret. I don't even think you could cause they'd want to see pictures and you can't exactly cut me out of the pics :)

14. brunswickite

brunswickite Diamond Member

edited, this will at least make them rest easier.

15. BigToque

BigToque Lifer

Whipped by her parents? lol... I don't give a sh!t about the fools. I care about my girlfriend and if I can help her not get disowned by her parents (and whole family), I can at least try. If they don't accept my letter, then I have nothing to feel bad about because I made an effort to make things work.

16. AreaCode707

AreaCode707 Lifer

Sentence can be read two ways. "Your girlfriend's life is going to be made even worse because you are going" and "you are deliberatelygoing in order to make your gf's life worse." I sincerely doubt the author meant the second version.

17. pulse8

pulse8 Lifer

You sound like a drama queen.

I also vote for not saying anything. It serves no purpose but to make the situation (and possible your trip) worse.

18. BigToque

BigToque Lifer

I didn't feel like typing responses to both, so I took one and ran with it :)

19. sixone

sixone Lifer

What else are you planning to say in this letter? Is this the chance to tell them what sucky parents they are, and that they can't keep you apart? That would be a very bad idea.

Don't get between your g/f and her parents. Let her handle them the way she thinks is best. Unless you think she's as dumb/useless as they do (according to you)?

20. anxi80

anxi80 Lifer

i wouldnt tell them jack squat! now if you dont mind, im going over to my girls place, but first i got to ask my mommy for permission. ;)

i kid, i kid. :p

21. BigToque

BigToque Lifer

I can't say I've even been called a drama queen before (I don't see how it applies)... and I think it could make the situation better (no improvement if it doesn't work). I'm not hiding the trip from anyone.

22. JulesMaximus

JulesMaximus No Lifer

Pics of GF? We need to know if she's worth the hassle. :laugh:

23. UglyCasanova

UglyCasanova Lifer

Have you asked your gf about it?

24. biostud

biostud Lifer

Tell them you need to go and visit your family manson (Taj Mahal)..........................

25. BigToque

BigToque Lifer

I want to tell them that I'm going to India to be with their daughter who I love more than anything else and to say that I have not been a negative influence on her life and that I wish the situation between me and her family didn't have to be like this.

I just don't know how to say it...