i need to expand my dvd collection...

spanky

Lifer
Jun 19, 2001
so where do u guys usually buy dvd's from? i got a few from FS/FT, but recently, i been wanting certain dvd's (ie - something about mary. last of the mohicans, etc), but unfortunately, FS/FT doesn't take requests. well... they do, but it's really difficult to actually get. are there any good online e-tailers with good pricing? :D

Supermercado

Diamond Member
Jan 18, 2002
I buy most of my DVDs at Best Buy. Buying the Speed 5-Star Collection Tuesday (or if not Tuesday, the soonest day after that I have off work).

bmacd

Lifer
Jan 15, 2001
Originally posted by: NotoriousJTC
im grabbing the Speed 5 Star on Tuesday too...

1) what exactly is the speed 5 star?
2) make sure you get a copy of Chasing Amy
3) Add crazy/beautiful to your collection

-=bmacd=-

Supermercado

Diamond Member
Jan 18, 2002
Originally posted by: bmacd

-=bmacd=-
The Speed 5-Star is basically the Special Edition set of the movie Speed. 5-Star is one of Fox's ways of saying Special Edition. They put it in a big, fat case (see Independence Day or any of the Die Hard movies for examples) and put lots of extras and whatnot on the second disc.

SViscusi

Golden Member
Apr 12, 2000
Just go to Dvdtalk if your haven't already and look around. There's plenty of links to stores, and plenty of info in the forums.

oLLie

Diamond Member
Jan 15, 2001
Originally posted by: SuperCommando
Originally posted by: bmacd

-=bmacd=-
The Speed 5-Star is basically the Special Edition set of the movie Speed. 5-Star is one of Fox's ways of saying Special Edition. They put it in a big, fat case (see Independence Day or any of the Die Hard movies for examples) and put lots of extras and whatnot on the second disc.

People liked Speed? That's news to me... :p

Spike

Diamond Member
Aug 27, 2001
go here DVD price search

They search several retailers online and list prices, the best retailer they list is deepdiscountdvd. it may sound kinda strange, but it gets rave reviews, always ships for free, and have never let me down yet (not to mention has some kick butt prices) I buy sometimes from best buy, buy.com and amazon, but deep discount is the best. Check it out

-spike

spanky

Lifer
Jun 19, 2001
Originally posted by: SViscusi
Just go to Dvdtalk if your haven't already and look around. There's plenty of links to stores, and plenty of info in the forums.

great idea... thanx! :D

Aug 14, 2001
You should join Columbia House...go to DVD Talk's forums, they have lots of information about how to get the best Columbia house deals.

Nefrodite

Banned
Feb 15, 2001
i ussually go to frys when they first come out and are on sale, or order online:p

amelies a good buy:)

after that, watch grave of the fireflies:p

Muadib

Lifer
May 30, 2000
Originally posted by: RabidMongoose
You should join Columbia House...go to DVD Talk's forums, they have lots of information about how to get the best Columbia house deals.

I just did!;)

djheater

Lifer
Mar 19, 2001
Originally posted by: murphy55d
deepdiscountdvd.com

I don't know how you feel about it but the X-Files Season 1 box and Twin Peaks Season 1 box are both fantastic.

The production quality of the Twin Peaks set is the best I've ever seen.