I need this: amazing Flat-top cooking range

waggy

No Lifer
Dec 14, 2000
ugh. you could have posted what it is. not everyone is going to click links to try to figure it out.

anyway. yeah that would be nice.

Kaido

Elite Member & Kitchen Overlord
Feb 14, 2004
ugh. you could have posted what it is. not everyone is going to click links to try to figure it out.

anyway. yeah that would be nice.

It was too hard to think of a good title, since it's not really a standard flush cooktop, so I gave up :biggrin:

Kaido

Feb 14, 2004

DaTT

Garage Moderator
Feb 13, 2003
It was too hard to think of a good title, since it's not really a standard flush cooktop, so I gave up :biggrin:

I believe he meant post the pictures, not the links to the pictures.

sdifox

No Lifer
Sep 30, 2005
Yeah, the burgers and sandwich meats they fry up at my local burger joints & sandwich shops are awesome on them! I've seen electric flat-top ranges, induction flat-top ranges, but I had been searching for one like this - just needed the right keyword, thanks haha.

Cuz it is not a range. It's range + cooking surface :biggrin:

you know there are like small electric griddle you can buy right?

here is a 24"x24"

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00AME9Z7S?psc=1

Last edited:

Kaido

Feb 14, 2004
Cuz it is not a range. It's range + cooking surface :biggrin:

you know there are like small electric griddle you can buy right?

here is a 24"x24"

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00AME9Z7S?psc=1

Yeah, I've got a small electric Presto model, as well as a Lodge cast iron griddle for the burners & grill, but the big one would be pretty cool. Especially since it's just a giant, flush-mounted cooking service. Flat stir-frys, pancakes, eggs, tortillas, etc. would all be easier when cooking large quantities. I've been doing a lot of make-ahead cooking & freezing lately, as well as living closer to family now, so the little griddles are no longer sufficient!

sdifox

No Lifer
Sep 30, 2005
Yeah, I've got a small electric Presto model, as well as a Lodge cast iron griddle for the burners & grill, but the big one would be pretty cool. Especially since it's just a giant, flush-mounted cooking service. Flat stir-frys, pancakes, eggs, tortillas, etc. would all be easier when cooking large quantities. I've been doing a lot of make-ahead cooking & freezing lately, as well as living closer to family now, so the little griddles are no longer sufficient!

you need some serious range hood exhaust if you plan to install this. and warning signs on hot surface :whiste:

Scarpozzi

Lifer
Jun 13, 2000
I'm sure you could get it really hot and lure an unsuspecting cat into walking across it with a little catnip on the countertop.

If you could sear it fast enough, you wouldn't have to deal with the normal routine of using the cat sticks or ropes.

BurnItDwn

Lifer
Oct 10, 1999
outdoor flat top cooking range = awesome new super fun steam machine for when it's raining!

sdifox

No Lifer
Sep 30, 2005
I don't see a practical means of cleaning it when your done, where's the oil and grease from cooking a burger going to go?

you have to clean the surface. There should be a drip channel, I don't see it in op's picture.

Raizinman

Platinum Member
Sep 7, 2007
meettomy.site
Not much different than a Japanese Steak House where they cook the food in front of you on a large metal flat cooking surface. The grease and liquids just sort of burn off and then you just scrap the surface clean. No need for a drip pan. It is still not amazing and basically just a hot griddle which can be had for about one tenth the price.

Howard

Lifer
Oct 14, 1999
Yeah, the burgers and sandwich meats they fry up at my local burger joints & sandwich shops are awesome on them! I've seen electric flat-top ranges, induction flat-top ranges, but I had been searching for one like this - just needed the right keyword, thanks haha.
You could just use cast iron instead? Cast iron browns meats better than SS.

NetWareHead

THAT guy
Aug 10, 2002
I don't see a practical means of cleaning it when your done, where's the oil and grease from cooking a burger going to go?

This. While I do enjoy griddle cooked foods but I would never put one in as a permanently installed appliance. In any event, there is no shield/border between the countertop and the cooking surface. I can imagine that cooking on this appliance will be messy. Do people actually buy this thing?

Sep 12, 2004
According to the faq on the website these are designed to shallow out towards the center when heated making them kind of a hybrid between a teppan and a wok. I guess it's somewhat interesting. You could make onion volcanoes to entertain the kids while cooling steaks on the grill.