I need the name of a book....

DesignDawg

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 1999
Hey all,

Heather and I were just thinking about books we read in high school, and we both remember a book that somehow involves boys (I think at a boarding school) who are in a tree, and they push one out, and he breaks his leg or something.... We can't remember more details, but the name is driving us crazy! Anyone think of it?

Ricky
DesignDawg

snow patrol

Diamond Member
Jan 24, 2000
hehe, good luck DD. That's going to be a tough one, not much to go on there...but I'm sure some bright spark here will know it :)

Bump

Pretender

Banned
Mar 14, 2000
I read that in 7th grade...I can't remember the name.....

I think it's A separate peace, but I'm not dead sure. I'll check amazon and keep racking my brain for it.

Imported

Lifer
Sep 2, 2000
What they said, It's A Separate Peace by John Knowles. I just read this book 2 weeks ago for English..

Isla

Elite member
Sep 12, 2000
Yes, A Separate Peace.

Gee, let's all read The Scarlet Ibis again, too! (Actually, I am in the process of creating an English Lit curriculum, and I have been reviewing all the stuff I read. :) )

The best literature is often the most upsetting, isn't it?

Isla

Elite member
Sep 12, 2000
Now, did anyone read Alas Babylon?

That was cool. I have to dig it up for my daughter...

edit: Unexpurg8d... Sure! I get first dibs on Nancy Drew. ;)

unxpurg8d

Golden Member
Apr 7, 2000

We read those two at the same time in high school - gotta love compare/contrast assignments! BLECH - three zillion years ago (they were on stone tablets back then - when carrying a girl's books for her MEANT something ;) ) which is why I get 'em confused. Now I think I'll go reread both and see what I slept through..lol. I always meant to...sigh.

Isla, if you're gonna make us all read books from our childhood I'm only reading Trixie Belden books. :p