I need some info from some Red Hot Chili Peppers fans

Mors

Sep 12, 2001
Me and my sister are have a argument and hopefully someone can settle it for us. Does anyone know who played guitar on Soul To Squeeze(off the Conehead soundtrack), was it John Frusciante, Dave Navarro or any of the other six guitar players they had between John's leaving and Dave's joining? I say John Frusciante or any one of the other six because I have a bootleg of them playing it right after John re-joined the band and he want play Dave Navarro songs(thats a shame because Aeroplane and Falling Into Grace are great songs), she says Dave Navarro because of the time it was recorded he was still in the band. Does anyone know the answer?

Thanks

FrontlineWarrior

Diamond Member
Apr 19, 2000
there is very little guitar in that song. it was probably john frusciante, recorded before he left. dave navarro didn't come into the scene until MUCH later. or it could have been a temporary replacement to frusciante that recorded it. but it's definitely not navarro.

trmiv

Lifer
Oct 10, 1999
It was John Frusciante. That song appeared as a B-side to a single waaay before it was on the coneheads soundtrack.

Mors

Sep 12, 2001
Cool, thanks for the info. Now I can run around the room screaming I'm right :)