I need opinions on the new Kingwin Mutant X gaming case.

tec699

Banned
Dec 19, 2002
Mutant X

Aluminum Case

So which one do you guys like? I like aluminum so the second case might be the one I purchase but I want something different and might purchase the Mutant X case.

I need some opinions. thxs.

:D

Zepper

Elite Member
May 1, 2001
I don't care for the looks of the Mutant-X and it is also nearly devoid of any modern conveniences inside. I like conservatively styled cases with all the modern conveniences - one of the best being the Kingwin 424 series.
.bh.

Mik3y

Banned
Mar 2, 2004
I think the mutant x case looks pretty sweet, but for $62, something must suck. i'm assuming the psu really sucks, but other then that, it seems to be pretty descent for that it's steel and plastic. the fans may be loud though.

Zepper

Elite Member
May 1, 2001
Since the bezel is just molded plastic and the case has no features, then the PSU could be halfway decent. At least it doesn't seem to be a L&C or rebadge thereof. I'd be looking at the Evercase 42x2 series for a low-buck box. At least it's got some features and is one of the quietest stock boxes per Silent PC Review. And it won't scare the animals...
..bh.

SilthDraeth

Platinum Member
Oct 28, 2003
yeah the regular aluminum one is way nicer, if just for the removable motherboard tray, and the front of the mutant looks like a pos.

AnnoyedGrunt

Jan 31, 2004
Mutant X = Mutant Crap

First, I don't like the looks at all, but even with that subjective feature aside, the case is dung (at least compared to the second case).

1. No fan filter
2. No HDD Grommets
3. No removeable MoBo tray
4. Stupid front drive bay door
5. No little fan speed controller

Some of those features don't interest me, but the HDD grommets, fan filter, and the lack of a drive bay door are important to me, so I like the second case much better than the first (although I'd get the second one without the window).

Obviously the price is much less on the Mutant case so I guess that is a selling point depending on your budget, and if you like the looks then it would be that much more attractive. I personally am not a fan.

-D'oh!