I need help with overclocking my new system

rowdyjoe1

Dec 1, 2007
hello i just put together a new system and i need help overclocking it.... i've heard that i can overclock my 2.1 ghz amd althlon dual core amd2+ but i need to know what to overclock everything to... i have a biostar nivida tf 560 motherboard.... 600w powersupply and 2 gbs of ram!!! PLEASE HELP

Capitalizt

Banned
Nov 28, 2004
search the web for "overclocking guide"...read...read....read. You need to learn what all the settings do before you start messing around with it. Nobody can tell you what to do or what settings to use because every system is different.

TheCripple

Dec 3, 2007
Hello Guys,
I built the system for rowdyjoe1 this past weekend, the overclocking guide is a little dated now, and doesn't really apply directly to the available settings in the biostar's bios. I didn't have time to dig into it with him, but if anyone here is using the same motherboard and have a second to walk him through the basics, it would be a great help to him.

BTW, he is using the "V12" ( lol, V6, V8, V12 are the options :D ) auto-overclocking feature of the board with complete success, but would like to push it past the 2.6ghz it goes up to.

His system specs are:
Biostar TF560 A2+ ( http://www.anandtech.com/mb/showdoc.aspx?i=3051 )
X2 4000+ 2.1ghz stock (brisbane) (retail heatsink)
2x1GB OCZ DDR2-6400 Platinum Rev2
500GB Samsung SpinPoint-T
OCZ StealthXStream 600SXS
EVGA GeForce 7800GT