I need Help With an Installation Issue With Vista Ultimate OEM

FrankZRO

May 15, 2007

Ok, I have a Similar problem as the person before me but this time its with an OEM copy of VISTA ULTIMATE. My Specs are,
http://forums.anandtech.com/messageview...&STARTPAGE=2&FTVAR_FORUMVIEWTMP=Linear
(For more Details please refer to this link)
AMD X2 6000+ (3.0GHZ)

Mobo: Abit Fatality AN9 32x

Corsair XMS2 DDR2 Ram 2x 2G kits = 4G's Ram

Fatality XI FI Sound Card

8800GTX Vidcard

150G WD raptor drive 10K RPM's and a WD 320GB (Both SATA) the 320 is a 3GB/s HD

Also I am currently Running XP just fine But the Vista Install always BSOD's after installation -_-. Or just pauses at the Loading screen. I have Tried Loading the Vista OS on a Clean install over 7 times now and I have tried putting it on my other HD and Nothing -_-. Same Prob... I even removed 2 GB's of Ram and still I got nothing it was still BSOD or Freeze. I Have not tried installing Vista with the Sound Card Removed yet. I have some Vista Drivers for a Few items on my Comp and I made it to a CD but I have not used it yet... I do not want it to fail again... Can some one please help me out I Feel like I am going to Snap But like he said other have had this same kind of Prob and now Im stuck! help me!

FrankZRO

May 15, 2007
Woops sorry, umm I have gotten Both, even the screen that says it is trying to run Windows Vista for the First time and then the little loading dots appear and it restarts

FrankZRO

May 15, 2007
You know what? They Both kind of even out in a way, Because It will BSOD like 6 times before I get the pause or sometimes just pause before I get the BSOD So its like a 50/50 thing

Captante

Lifer
Oct 20, 2003
My guess is that its the IDE/SATA driver ... are you using the one Vista setup installs by default or choosing your own?

FrankZRO2

May 15, 2007
Sorry Guys, something happened to my original name, But Yes I did use default for the install. and that was all nothing really special and plus I portioned all of my drives well all 2 of them But thats it nothing special I am currently checking the Main HD for errors cause I keep getting Delayed Write Failed , I had read about this and its something with the Cache... Its weird

---

FrankZRO,

YGPM regarding your original account. Please reply for help.

AnandTech Moderator

RebateMonger

Elite Member
Dec 24, 2005
Whenever you have an unexplained problem installing your OS, run thorough tests of the hard drive and memory. If those are bad, you'll have problems.

Run the hard drive manufacturer's diagnostics tests on your hard drive. And run Memtest86+ or Microsoft's System Memory tester on your memory.

Smilin

Diamond Member
Mar 4, 2002
Originally posted by: FrankZRO
You know what? They Both kind of even out in a way, Because It will BSOD like 6 times before I get the pause or sometimes just pause before I get the BSOD So its like a 50/50 thing

There was a reason I asked :(

You *may* have a software issue to go along with it, but you *do* have a hardware problem.

The software instructions that execute each boot do not change. You'll either get a BSOD or you'll get a hang. It won't alternate. Start doing the usual: memtest, remove components, check your temperatures etc.

Does the computer stay stable if you manage to get it booted? If so the boot issues would point towards an inadequate power supply. If you never manage to get it booted this wouldn't necessarily apply. You didn't mention what PSU you're using btw.

mechBgon

Super Moderator<br>Elite Member
Oct 31, 1999
Also, crank your memory voltage to 2.2 volts like your fancy RAM is spec'ed for. You don't put 85-octane gasoline into a Dodge Viper and expect it to run smooth ;)

FrankZRO2

May 15, 2007
Guys check this out, Seriously It cant be my Hardware well I know of the Hardware issues I may have cause of having 4GB's of Ram, just remove 2 GB's b 4 u install Vista But I been reading on here too http://windowshelp.microsoft.com/commun...C6783B&dglist=&ptlist=&exp=&sloc=en-us

Sorry for the long link, I cam to the conclusion that it may only just be what I have integrated into my Mobo and my PSU is fine. :p I built a 3 Grand PC so I did research for like a year almost until i got all the money then bought highly rated Products with in an AMD builders range of coarse People are starting to say that the Network card built into my comp may cause probs or if I have RAID, I should configure it into an ARRAY then basically Trick Vista and install RAID drivers. Oh Yes I have an OCZ 700W PSU..PWNAGE Everything I put in here is PWNAGE I am also starting to suspect the Sound Card. I should prolly take it out during install. Oh yeah I had another Question? When I Boot the Vista CD... is it Literally supposed to sit on the Pretty little Vista Background for 15 mins and then pop a window? because it seems to me like that damn process takes forever every window takes like 5-6 mins to pop up -_- Anyone think it May be a bad CD?

RebateMonger

Elite Member
Dec 24, 2005
Originally posted by: FrankZRO2
When I Boot the Vista CD... is it Literally supposed to sit on the Pretty little Vista Background for 15 mins and then pop a window? because it seems to me like that damn process takes forever every window takes like 5-6 mins to pop up -_- Anyone think it May be a bad CD?
I've seen that on a couple of brand-new (Core 2 Duo) systems. The first time it happened, I figured I had a bad DVD. But the next time, I let it sit and it FINALLY continued to the install. After the install got started, everything seemed normal. I think mine took AT LEAST fifteen minutes before the install began. Maybe longer.

Smilin

Diamond Member
Mar 4, 2002
Guys check this out, Seriously It cant be my Hardware well I know of the Hardware issues I may have cause of having 4GB's of Ram, just remove 2 GB's b 4 u install Vista But I been reading on here too http://windowshelp.microsoft.com/commun...C6783B&dglist=&ptlist=&exp=&sloc=en-us

Sorry for the long link, I cam to the conclusion that it may only just be what I have integrated into my Mobo and my PSU is fine. :p I built a 3 Grand PC so I did research for like a year almost until i got all the money then bought highly rated Products with in an AMD builders range of coarse People are starting to say that the Network card built into my comp may cause probs or if I have RAID, I should configure it into an ARRAY then basically Trick Vista and install RAID drivers. Oh Yes I have an OCZ 700W PSU..PWNAGE Everything I put in here is PWNAGE I am also starting to suspect the Sound Card. I should prolly take it out during install. Oh yeah I had another Question? When I Boot the Vista CD... is it Literally supposed to sit on the Pretty little Vista Background for 15 mins and then pop a window? because it seems to me like that damn process takes forever every window takes like 5-6 mins to pop up -_- Anyone think it May be a bad CD?

You just posted a link to search results for BSOD. If you think I'm reading all that to help you out you're nuts.

You may or may not have a software issue. (you could have more than one problem here).

You *DO* have a hardware issue. If you boot your computer the same way several times and get several results during the boot process you have a hardware problem. I don't care if you spent 10 grand on your equipment. One of them has a problem. I'm not talking a driver problem either (that would fall under software...see previous one sentance paragraph).

Start diagnosing your hardware. If you can do some troubleshooting and fix it that would be great. If you can do some troubleshooting and get it to consistently fail the same way you can then move on to troubleshooting whatever software issue you may also have.

Do what has been suggested. Memtest, check temps, remove components, swap components, check voltages, try underclocking etc etc.

FrankZRO2

May 15, 2007
See thats the thing, I have tested my HD's and Memory and they are all fine. You are right about the hardware prob and I am aiming more in the direction of my MOBO and its onboard Network Card.

mechBgon

Super Moderator<br>Elite Member
Oct 31, 1999
If you have not manually set your memory voltage to Crucial's 2.2V spec yet, please give that a quick try.

FrankZRO2

May 15, 2007
Oh yeah, I set it and Now My comp is way nicer but I have not tried to install Vista yet (Sorry about that Major typo on my part)

Smilin

Diamond Member
Mar 4, 2002
Oh yeah, I set it and Now My comp is way nicer but I have not tried to install Vista yet (Sorry about that Major typo on my part)

No, no. Don't apologize. That was some funny assed ******. :D

Let us know how it goes.

FrankZRO2

May 15, 2007
Hmm, I was getting alot of Delay Write Fails on my main HD and I think That that problem could have Cause Vista not to install properly. But Who knows? I still have two other ways of installing Vista I havent removed my Sound Card yet while I install Vista and I have not tried any drivers I put on a Special CD yet but Do you think that the HD coulda caused that much of a fuss? Cause I do realize that when I was trying to install things to its extra partition I had made for it It would do that but the C portion was fine maybe there were other parts of the drive that would not work

Tell me wat you think

Smilin

Diamond Member
Mar 4, 2002
Delayed write failures are a bad bad thing. That literally means you are unable to complete writes to your hard drive.

If the delayed write failures are to a network location they can sometimes be ignored. Otherwise they are often hardware failure. In fact these events are typically indicative of hardware problems: 7,9,11,26 (the memory ones), 50,51,55.

If you are seeing these events in your previous XP install where things were otherwise stable for some time you should look into some hardware replacement immediately. If you are seeing them on a new OS install (be it XP or Vista) ensure that your drivers are fully up to date.

If there is a firmware update for your drive controller get that as well.

Not good.