I need help from computer literate, sneaky bastards to get "revenge"......

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Kelemvor

Lifer
May 23, 2002
Originally posted by: adelphi
so the name of the file is just "host" not .dat .fil or anything rite

No, it's "hosts"
and not the hosts.sam file...

on my XP system it's in C:\Windows\system32\Drivers\ETC

Open it in Notepad and you'll see how it works...

flxnimprtmscl

Diamond Member
Jan 30, 2003

midwestfisherman

Diamond Member
Dec 6, 2003
Originally posted by: eigen
Perhaps one could also install a keystroke logger....

Doing harmless pranks is one thing, but installing a keylogger without the knowledge of the person is illegal and will probably get you fired.

waitman

Diamond Member
Oct 27, 2002
Man, I think I would just quit my job. Wouldn't wanna have to put up with that thing everyday, GEEZ :eek:) If you do somthing to her, it, whatever, it may beat the crap outta ya!
Now i see why she is so pissy. <That was mean I didn't mean it jk hehe haha

Wuffsunie

Platinum Member
May 4, 2002
Originally posted by: shimsham
Originally posted by: Oscar1613
Originally posted by: cliftonite
Originally posted by: Xionide
Originally posted by: blurredvision
Boyaa!! This be her.
linky no workie
works for me, however that is a MAN... i dont care what the description says, that is a MAN :Q
beefy
Yeah, in a mad cow kind of way!! Aiieee!! :Q

Definetly do the host files. And the hex editor on her player of choice, that'll royally fvck with her. Also, what's the internet setup at your place like? Try and get access to the router if you have one, deliberaly block the ports that MX uses, and then some. Even if you don't have it yourself, butter up whoever does. Somehow I think they'll agree with your ideas, if she's as bad as you say.

Also, try looking up how scripts/batch files work in the OS of choice that she's running. And then change a media player shortcut to something that promptly kills all MP3s on the hard drive.

-- Jack

99% of the women online claim to be bisexual and interested in online camera activites.
The other 1% are actually female.
-- MercenaryForHire, ATOT

EpsiIon

Platinum Member
Nov 26, 2000
Originally posted by: FrustratedUser
Another way to permanently gvck up media player is to get a hex editor and change random blocks of values to 0.
I guarante it will never work again.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHA

arcenite

Lifer
Dec 9, 2001
Uh... anyone else notice that this is strangely symmetrical to a parody that I remember seeing Here?

Bill

Oct 19, 2000
Originally posted by: aRCeNiTe
Uh... anyone else notice that this is strangely symmetrical to a parody that I remember seeing Here?

Bill
You think? Some people are too clever for their own good
rolleye.gif

Some good stuff here. I will definitely be trying it out. As for blocking ports on the router that MX uses, that is a great idea. Never thought of it myself :). I do have access to the router, and am knowledgeable enough to block a few ports. Anyone know exactly which ports are being used with MX? I will check up on it.

AnMig

Golden Member
Nov 7, 2000
description:
About Me

Marital Status: Single - never married

Body Type: Athletic

Height: 6' 3"

6'3 athletic she will fupk you up.

SilverTorch

Golden Member
Oct 4, 2000
Originally posted by: blurredvision
Originally posted by: aRCeNiTe

Bill
You think? Some people are too clever for their own good
rolleye.gif

Some good stuff here. I will definitely be trying it out. As for blocking ports on the router that MX uses, that is a great idea. Never thought of it myself :). I do have access to the router, and am knowledgeable enough to block a few ports. Anyone know exactly which ports are being used with MX? I will check up on it.

Ports, couldn't find WinXM, but Yahoo and a bunch of other IM programs are there.

Here is what I found on google for Win MX

Incoming TCP connections - Listen 6699....
In/Out UDP Packets -- Send on port 6257....