• Guest, The rules for the P & N subforum have been updated to prohibit "ad hominem" or personal attacks against other posters. See the full details in the post "Politics and News Rules & Guidelines."

Question I need good free PDF reader for Windows 10

uberman

Golden Member
Sep 15, 2006
I need good free PDF reader for Windows 10. A PDF reader that doesn't do much just for reading. I had a good one last month but that computer died after 4 years. But the happy ending is that I just got 2 new Thinkpads, a W541 and a X201 with an I7 at 2.67GHZ.
Now I need a new PDF reader for Win 10.

Last edited:

uberman

Golden Member
Sep 15, 2006
Thank you guys. I finally found the one I had before, maybe I'm not as thrilled with it as I remember I was looking for a PDF reader with as few features as possible so it wouldn't take up space on my screen. I wanted space to read the PDF rather than massive toolbars. The one I got is Expert PDF Reader and although it has little or no features they still hung a toolbar on it that takes up 20% of the page.
I wanted simple and featureless. When I work with PDFs I have Nitro PDF which is full featured.

pauldun170

Diamond Member
Sep 26, 2011
+1 on Sumatra
Been using it for years
I've also used Foxit but eventually just stuck with Sumatra because you can run it without having to install it or write to the registry.
Put in a confortable spot and just associate pdfs with it

ASK THE COMMUNITY