I need cigar advise please!

Dimkaumd

Dec 1, 2003
Hey cigar connoisseurs,

I am in Europe on vacation and would like to buy some cuban cigars. I know nothing about cigars so I need some expert advise. What are good cuban cigars, and what are good bargain cubancigars?

Thanks!

JulesMaximus

No Lifer
Jul 3, 2003
Pick up a box of Romeo y Julieta cigars. I'll split the cost with you if you ship me half the box when you return!

Liviathan

Platinum Member
Feb 21, 2001
RANDJ's are very smooth even cigars. Monte Cristo's have some kick. So it all depends what your personal preference is. Feel free to get me some Romeo and Julietas Corona.

Dimkaumd

Dec 1, 2003
Thanks to all for the advice. I looked at some stores and there are tons of romeo y julietas and monte cristo cigars, but there r different kinds. Is there a substantial difference? For example theres: Romeo y Julieta ?1 = $6, and Romeo y Julieta ?/? = $16. Of course there r others too.

skimple

Golden Member
Feb 4, 2005
There are lots of differences between cigars made by the same manufacturer. Size, filler, wrap, aging, draw, etc. You can't learn enough in a week to make you an expert. Expensive cigars can be worth the price - if you know why your paying more. In your case, I suggest not spending more than $6 or $8 per cigar. Don't buy in bars, airports, hotels, etc. Those are usually overpriced for the quality. Find a tobacco shop. The people there can pick a cigar for you. They usually have the best recommendations for the money.

If you're bringing any back with you, take the wrappers off. That way it will be hard to tell what they are or where they came from.

Scarpozzi

Lifer
Jun 13, 2000
Originally posted by: skimple
If you're bringing any back with you, take the wrappers off. That way it will be hard to tell what they are or where they came from.
Yep...be sure to ditch the box and throw away the wrappers. Tell them they are no-name dominican cigars if asked when passing through customs.