I need a new TV...couple decisions inside

bmacd

Lifer
Jan 15, 2001
I need a new TV...i only have a couple choices in my price range. There is a 20" Flat Screen TV i've been thinking about, or if i choose a bubbled tube, i can go all the way up to 36", but this TV is for my bedroom, so that wouldn't be the best idea. So...should i get the 20" flat screen or go with something like a 27"? I understand the vagueness of this thread, but....

-=bmacd=-

bmacd

Lifer
Jan 15, 2001
Originally posted by: Hayabusarider
What is your price range?

it's not necessarily about price range...i'm getting a nice discount as a present from a TV shop. We used to work right next to each other, and he presented me with the offer last night.

-=bmacd=-

murphy55d

Lifer
Dec 26, 2000
Personally I'd take the 27" over the 20" flatscreen. Size does matter. ;)

How bout I sell you my 27" and you get me the 36"? hehe

Hayabusa Rider

Admin Emeritus & Elite Member
Jan 26, 2000
I think you have to look and see. Personally I THINK I would go for the larger screen, but I have become so used to flat screens, that when I saw an RCA, it didnt work for me

HiTek21

Diamond Member
Jul 4, 2002
If you got the money get the bigger 27" TV.

Just make sure when you go into the store take a close look at the picture quality. Compare them with a couple other brands like Toshiba or Sony.

Edit: I went into Frys the other day cuz they were advertising a 14" flatscreen Sharp TV for 99 dollars. I went in and I was looking at the Sony And Toshiba sitting next to the sharp and I must say the Picture quality on the Sony and Toshiba were a lot better.