I need a good recipe for pecan pie.

Rumpltzer

Diamond Member
Jun 7, 2003
It's not clear to me why you'd post to ATOT if you're looking for a recipe for pecan pie.

Mellman

Diamond Member
Jul 9, 2003
Originally posted by: Rumpltzer
It's not clear to me why you'd post to ATOT if you're looking for a recipe for pecan pie.

because its ATOT? unless there is a cooking/recipe forum I missed somewhere over there on the left...

I'll see if i can find our recipe for it - its the best.

Tom

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
i don't have one, but I wish I had one where there's more pecans and not just some pecans floating on custardy stuff.

L

Lola

I have a good burbon pecan pie one.
lemme get it!

here ya go:
cup sugar
3 tablespoons butter, melted
1/2 cup dark corn syrup
3 large eggs, beaten
1 1/2 to 2 cups pecan halves
2 tablespoons good-quality bourbon
1 (9-inch) deep-dish pie shell, unbaked

Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
In a medium bowl, stir together the sugar and melted butter. Add the corn syrup, eggs, pecans, and bourbon, and stir until all ingredients are combined. Pour mixture into an unbaked pie shell, and place on a heavy-duty cookie sheet. Bake for 10 minutes. Lower the oven temperature to 350 degrees F, and continue to bake for an additional 25 minutes, or until pie is set. Remove from oven and cool on a wire rack.

Chaotic42

Lifer
Jun 15, 2001
D'oh, I have one on my computer at home. I made it at my last company party and everyone really liked it.

Make sure you put molasses in it.

leftyman

Diamond Member
Sep 15, 2000
Thanks Lola, that one sounds really good :D

store bought ones suck, and no one I know bakes them..:(

L

Lola

Originally posted by: leftyman
Thanks Lola, that one sounds really good :D

store bought ones suck, and no one I know bakes them..:(

no problem... It is REALLY good and very easy to make, espeically since you can "cheat" and get a pre-made crust! (you cannot tell the difference!)

leftyman

Diamond Member
Sep 15, 2000
Originally posted by: Rumpltzer

Because its an Off Topic type of question, I suppose...

Turin39789

Lifer
Nov 21, 2000
I'd try allrecipes.com, they usually have well reviewed recipies so you can get other peoples opinions and notes on how they played with the recipe

Turin39789

Lifer
Nov 21, 2000
Originally posted by: LolaWiz
I have a good burbon pecan pie one.
lemme get it!

here ya go:
cup sugar
3 tablespoons butter, melted
1/2 cup dark corn syrup
3 large eggs, beaten
1 1/2 to 2 cups pecan halves
2 tablespoons good-quality bourbon
1 (9-inch) deep-dish pie shell, unbaked

Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
In a medium bowl, stir together the sugar and melted butter. Add the corn syrup, eggs, pecans, and bourbon, and stir until all ingredients are combined. Pour mixture into an unbaked pie shell, and place on a heavy-duty cookie sheet. Bake for 10 minutes. Lower the oven temperature to 350 degrees F, and continue to bake for an additional 25 minutes, or until pie is set. Remove from oven and cool on a wire rack.

I'm going to need you to go ahead and clarify what you mean by good-quality bourbon. Which do you use? Is the recipe actually calling for the really good stuff or just warning you not to use rotgut?

L

Lola

Originally posted by: Turin39789

I'm going to need you to go ahead and clarify what you mean by good-quality bourbon. Which do you use? Is the recipe actually calling for the really good stuff or just warning you not to use rotgut?

I used jim beam. it worked well. one hint, make sure you really mix the burbon in well. :)

Turin39789

Lifer
Nov 21, 2000

I used jim beam. it worked well. one hint, make sure you really mix the burbon in well. :)

Cool, while I would'nt call that good-quality bourbon, I'd also feel a little guilty pouring a single barrell into a pie. In case you could'nt tell, I'm anal about bourbon.

L

Lola

Cool, while I would'nt call that good-quality bourbon, I'd also feel a little guilty pouring a single barrell into a pie. In case you could'nt tell, I'm anal about bourbon.
I can understand that, just like i feel it is a sin to mix grey goose with anything. :)
I think the recipe simply meant do use the stuff you could clean the driveway with! :)

ASK THE COMMUNITY