I need a good online source for paintball guns.

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

OdiN

Banned
Mar 1, 2000
Originally posted by: antyler
have you checked out tippman or spyder paintball guns?

they are pretty good.

try searching for action pursuit games.

its one of the biggest, if not the biggest paintball magazines. they are sure to have links to some good sites.

I'm looking at a Tippmann A-5. I have always liked Tippmann guns.

OdiN

Banned
Mar 1, 2000
Anyone purchased from ansgear.com?

I found an A-5 kit there that's got the following:

Tippmann A5 Paintball Marker With E-Grip
- 4+1 Paintball Harness
- 4 Free Pods Included
- PMI Pure Energy 20 Oz C02 Tank
- VForce Armor Mask
- Warrior Deluxe On/Off Remote
- 2 Warrior Bendable Barrel Swabs

$304

Seems like a really good deal.

They have the same thing plus a stock and flatline barrel for $399.

Ns1

No Lifer
Jun 17, 2001
honestly dude, I say buy from eBay. a gun that's 2 years old is just as good as a brand new gun. Get it tuned up and you're good to go.

OdiN

Banned
Mar 1, 2000
Anyone know if CO2 or Compressed Air tanks are better?

They didn't have the compressed air or others when I originally started playing, and it's been a while :p

Ns1

No Lifer
Jun 17, 2001
Originally posted by: OdiN

They didn't have the compressed air or others when I originally started playing, and it's been a while :p

compressed air, easily. more expensive to maintain, but more consistent.

68/4500 FTW

OdiN

Banned
Mar 1, 2000
Originally posted by: Ns1

68/4500 FTW

What would you have to maintain about it?

I know you have to have the containers pressure tested every so often, but anything else?

Ns1

No Lifer
Jun 17, 2001

68/4500 FTW

I know you have to have the containers pressure tested every so often, but anything else?

yeah, you're gonna have to get it tanked twice when you go play, so you'll have to pay for all day air OR 2 tanks. with a co2 you can usually get by with just 1, or bring 2 tanks and get them filled at a PB shop for less.

Hydro's are good for 5 years IIRC, so you'll need to get it retested then.

OdiN

Banned
Mar 1, 2000

68/4500 FTW

yeah, you're gonna have to get it tanked twice when you go play, so you'll have to pay for all day air OR 2 tanks. with a co2 you can usually get by with just 1, or bring 2 tanks and get them filled at a PB shop for less.

My friend has a place where we will be playing - don't have to pay for anything. I would think with compressed air, can't you just hook it up to a compressor?

Ns1

No Lifer
Jun 17, 2001

68/4500 FTW

My friend has a place where we will be playing - don't have to pay for anything. I would think with compressed air, can't you just hook it up to a compressor?

no, that is incorrect.

OdiN

Banned
Mar 1, 2000

68/4500 FTW

no, that is incorrect.

Why? How do you fill it then? You'd have to hook it up to a compressor right? All you should need is a compressor with the ability to get it to the correct PSI and an adapter for the tank? How can that not be possible - they have to fill it at the stores somehow.

Ns1

No Lifer
Jun 17, 2001

68/4500 FTW

no, that is incorrect.

Why? How do you fill it then? You'd have to hook it up to a compressor right? All you should need is a compressor with the ability to get it to the correct PSI and an adapter for the tank? How can that not be possible - they have to fill it at the stores somehow.

Most places use a SCUBA setup to fill up air tanks. The ones that have compressors won't get up to 4500psi. You also need said adapters. Sorry I don't know the specifics.

antyler

Golden Member
Aug 7, 2005

compressed air is constant. If you play in cold or hot weather, co2 will make your gun fire inconsistently.

compressed air will not be affected by the weather. They are better, but more expensive.

And your not able to use a regular compressor, to my knowledge.

Most guys have scuba tanks. That has been mentioned.