• Guest, The rules for the P & N subforum have been updated to prohibit "ad hominem" or personal attacks against other posters. See the full details in the post "Politics and News Rules & Guidelines."
  • Community Question: What makes a good motherboard?

I need a conservative (partisan) viewpoint for this cultural reference.

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

MrColin

Platinum Member
May 21, 2003
Yeah, that cartoonist does not hold back any punches. Shame we cant get a real debate like that in the USA.

I would post some of the more politically incorrect ones but i'd rather not have to deal with the secret service goons.
The terrorists have won. :(

Steeplerot

Lifer
Mar 29, 2004
The terrorists have won. :(
We played their game exactly how they wanted us to. Now we are a force of reaction in the world instead of rising above.

A damn shame. We held off the Soviet Union's threats for decades, and then buckled in fear to a bunch of religious whackjobs in the desert. Disgusting, but this is old history. I raged for enough years about the knee-jerk reaction right wingers had to these tactics. But those millions who marched in the streets against the Iraq war before it even started failed against the pseudo-patriotic well crafted onslaught of our corporate media gunning for the contract $$$ to rebuild Iraq with flashy graphics, crying eagles and somber music, and the oil of course. (personally the oil thing was secondary imo, but if it worked all the better for the neo liberal multinational capitalist parasites)

Last edited:

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006
Watch this John McCain ad from 2008

This isn't a rogue pac or crazy person that made the ad, but former presidential candidate John McCain. The stuff the far right does is far worse, but the anti-christ meme is pretty prevalent, along with the Stalin\hitler meme.
So why did McCain spend a lot of money campaigning for Obama?

:hmm: And here I thought it was all PALIN to blame.

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006
I can totally go for Beavis on this, now I need an Obama. Preferably without any kind of monkey or jiggaboo theme. Some charismatic smooth talker that represents a larger behind-the-scenes evil.
Jackpot:

ASK THE COMMUNITY