I miss the dining hall food at college

SWScorch

Diamond Member
May 13, 2001
Our dining hall actually had very good food and a great selection of healthy stuff, so I was eating very well out at college and was very healthy. Now, school's out and I'm back home, and it seems all we have here are microwavable foods like burritos and TV dinners, which are not only not as healthy as real food, but also nowhere near as good. Plus, being as active as I am, I eat a lot, and the dining hall was all-you-could-eat, whereas if I ate everything I wanted to here, we'd be out of food in 3 days.

Que triste.

BigJ

Lifer
Nov 18, 2001
The simple solution is to go to the store and buy a bunch of healthy food that you can prepare.

cerebusPu

Diamond Member
May 27, 2000
my dining hall food was crap. we ate mystery meat for 2 years and didnt know what it was.

SWScorch

Diamond Member
May 13, 2001
Originally posted by: BigJ
The simple solution is to go to the store and buy a bunch of healthy food that you can prepare.

An interesting theory... That would involve me being proactive and not lazy, and then I would have a solution to my problem, and I wouldn't be able to sit here and bitch and complain about it. :)

Nah, not gonna do it :p

BigJ

Lifer
Nov 18, 2001
Originally posted by: SWScorch
Originally posted by: BigJ

An interesting theory... That would involve me being proactive and not lazy, and then I would have a solution to my problem, and I wouldn't be able to sit here and bitch and complain about it. :)

Nah, not gonna do it :p

An even simpler solution is having your mom or girlfriend/wife go out with a shopping list and buy all the food for you. Then cook some of it.

This way you can still nef and complain until she gets home.

Scarpozzi

Lifer
Jun 13, 2000
I miss the food at my high school. They had a ton of selection in a total of 6 lines. The most awesome line they had was the soup/sandwich line. You could get a REAL turkey sandwich on any kind of bread or a croissant with a cup of soup and a small salad or fruit with milk for like $1.50. If I worked in my hometown close enough to the school, I'd probably eat there still. :p Trust me....I'd find a way!

SWScorch

Diamond Member
May 13, 2001
Originally posted by: n666
Do you also miss DIARRHEA ?!?!?!

Hmm, dining hall didn't really affect my GI track too much. I was much more regular there than here, though. Mostly from not eating on a regular basis here though.