I Miss Republicans

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Todd33

Diamond Member
Oct 16, 2003
Originally posted by: daniel49
Just like your politics so far off its amazing:roll:

Well you proved me wrong. BTW politics are not right or wrong, they are personal and express life experience and world views. Neither of our politics are "far off", they just differ in some areas.

I'm still interested in the Danial48-Newton action/reaction theory of politics. How Neocons are a reaction to "Left wing wackos". It will be one of the mysteries of life I suppose.

Mursilis

Diamond Member
Mar 11, 2001
Originally posted by: Red Dawn
Originally posted by: Mursilis
Originally posted by: Scarpozzi
I wouldn't have a problem with Republicans if they stopped harping on the abortion issue. I really believe anyone who votes based on the morality of this instead of economic beliefs need to lose their right to vote.

Who are you to tell othere people how to order their priorities?!? Lots of people are 'single issue' votes, whether that issue is abortion, the Iraqi war, gay marriage (both con AND pro), etc. I may or may not agree with that approach, but I'm not arrogant enough to think they shouldn't be allowed to vote because of it
Reading comprhension isn't your strong suit obviously. Nowhere in his post did he state that anybody shouldn't be allowed to vote.

What part of "need to lose their right to vote" are you struggling with, Red?

daniel49

Diamond Member
Jan 8, 2005
Originally posted by: Todd33

Well you proved me wrong. BTW politics are not right or wrong, they are personal and express life experience and world views. Neither of our politics are "far off", they just differ in some areas.

I'm still interested in the Danial48-Newton action/reaction theory of politics. How Neocons are a reaction to "Left wing wackos". It will be one of the mysteries of life I suppose.

Can I add you to my buddy list?

zendari

Banned
May 27, 2005
Originally posted by: zendari
For the record:
Liberals..
blame America first or just plain hate it
hate the troops
are all hippies
hate God and family
kill babies
loves taxes
are all gay
want as many Mexicans as possible for votes
The bolded, at least, is certainly true. Look in the mirror.

I'm an Atheist, I don't hate something that doesn't exist. I am a scientist and don't believe in a lot of things, including fairy tales, ESP, alien abduction, etc.

Forgive me. Instead of hating god, you hate the people who believe in him, as if that's a whole lot better.

BlancoNino

Diamond Member
Oct 31, 2005
I'm an Atheist, I don't hate something that doesn't exist. I am a scientist and don't believe in a lot of things, including fairy tales, ESP, alien abduction, etc.

Smug alert :)

Todd33

Diamond Member
Oct 16, 2003

Forgive me. Instead of hating god, you hate the people who believe in him, as if that's a whole lot better.

I dislike organized religion and people who follow them like lemmings, but in no way hate people who have personal beliefs. This is the fundamental difference between liberals and .. what do you guys call yourselves? I'll stick with Republicans. Liberals think faith and religion is a personal thing and not to be flaunted in public or forced on other. The Talliban and their Christian American counterparts want theocratic government and use religion as a weapon.

Todd33

Diamond Member
Oct 16, 2003

Can I add you to my buddy list?

Sure, come to CA and we'll have a beer. I have a feeling I will disappoint you, I'm not a baby killing American hating hippie. You probably couldn't pick my family out at a Bush-Cheney rally. :)

zendari

Banned
May 27, 2005

I dislike organized religion and people who follow them like lemmings, but in no way hate people who have personal beliefs.
This is the fundamental difference between liberals and .. what do you guys call yourselves? I'll stick with Republicans. Liberals think faith and religion is a personal thing and not to be flaunted in public or forced on other. The Talliban and their Christian American counterparts want theocratic government and use religion as a weapon.

Right....

People who are good are not so because of their religion, but despite it.
I guess not. I can't believe a Christian is against war, what a fcker!
They believe a magic grey bearded man made the universe in 7 days, populated it with animals and a man. After the man got bored humping sheep "God" pulled a rib out of the dude to make a penis receptor. The chick got duped by a talking snake to eat an evil apple which cast them out of happy fun land. They then went on to have two sons. From two sons they populated the Earth. Of course nailing your mom was ok back then.
Science makes a claim, years later the religious leaders and then their sheep accept it.
Text

You know, I guess these people don't hate gays either. They merely dislike them. And speaking of flaunting, gotta love the leftwinged position of flaunting sexuality and sexual orientation in public.

Todd33

Diamond Member
Oct 16, 2003

I dislike organized religion and people who follow them like lemmings, but in no way hate people who have personal beliefs.
This is the fundamental difference between liberals and .. what do you guys call yourselves? I'll stick with Republicans. Liberals think faith and religion is a personal thing and not to be flaunted in public or forced on other. The Talliban and their Christian American counterparts want theocratic government and use religion as a weapon.

Right....

They believe a magic grey bearded man made the universe in 7 days, populated it with animals and a man. After the man got bored humping sheep "God" pulled a rib out of the dude to make a penis receptor. The chick got duped by a talking snake to eat an evil apple which cast them out of happy fun land. They then went on to have two sons. From two sons they populated the Earth. Of course nailing your mom was ok back then.
Science makes a claim, years later the religious leaders and then their sheep accept it.
Text

You know, I guess these people don't hate gays either. They merely dislike them. And speaking of flaunting, gotta love the leftwinged position of flaunting sexuality and sexual orientation in public.

I think you just proved what i said with my own quotes, thanks Zen. Again, I'm against the religion, not the personal faith, as my quotes illustrate. Too prove you point you will need to find me saying something about killing people based on their belief in God, good luck finding that quote.

Flaunting sexuality? I guess you are referring to gay pride parades or something, that's not really a liberal thing at all. That's akin to saying Fred Phelps as an example of the right. Then again who knows what you consider sexual, you are the repressed guy who is against breast feeding in public.

TheSlamma

Diamond Member
Sep 6, 2005
Zen, If you Christians are tired of being hated then try to be like Christ for ONCE.. turn the other cheek, STFU and show some humility and in your case stop being a TROLL.

Then at that point maybe you can gain some credability instead of being known as the most passive aggressive organization to EVER exist.

BoberFett

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
Just want to point out, I don't think a scientist should deny the existence of something they haven't seen. Not actively pursuing it is one thing, actively denying that such a thing exists seems rather... flat earthish.

LunarRay

Diamond Member
Mar 2, 2003

Right....

Text

Earlier we were blessed with Newton's III law of motion...
But after reading your post I'm sorta reminded of the Reflective laws of stellar beings... especially I and III

#I is : An *blank* will remain an *blank* until some external intellegence some how seeps in...

#III is : For every *blank-iotic* statement there is sure to occur and equal and opposite one..

#II ( not appropriate here) : It has to do with how attracted one *blank* is to another... and ironically they seek to move closer to each other..

zendari

Banned
May 27, 2005
Originally posted by: TheSlamma
Zen, If you Christians are tired of being hated then try to be like Christ for ONCE.. turn the other cheek, STFU and show some humility and in your case stop being a TROLL.

Then at that point maybe you can gain some credability instead of being known as the most passive aggressive organization to EVER exist.

So you admit Christians are hated by the radical left? Interesting.

zendari

Banned
May 27, 2005
I think you just proved what i said with my own quotes, thanks Zen. Again, I'm against the religion, not the personal faith, as my quotes illustrate. Too prove you point you will need to find me saying something about killing people based on their belief in God, good luck finding that quote.

Heh, there are few people in this world who spew the kind of venom you do...if that isn't hatred I'm not sure what is. You say I have mommy issues, well, you sure a priest didn't touch you as a boy?

Todd33

Diamond Member
Oct 16, 2003

Heh, there are few people in this world who spew the kind of venom you do...if that isn't hatred I'm not sure what is. You say I have mommy issues, well, you sure a priest didn't touch you as a boy?

You are one to talk, you "hate" just about everything and everyone different than yourself., at least I dislike something that is truely evil.

I have never been a catholic and didn't attend any church as a kid. But I'm glad you brought up another aspect of why people dislike organized religions. It funny how one as yourself who dislikes, hates even, other non-Christian religions can't relate to someone who dislikes all of them. Where is that quote..

I contend that we are both atheists. I just believe in one fewer god than you do. When you understand why you dismiss all the other possible gods, you will understand why I dismiss yours.

Stephen Roberts

This one is funny...

I'm a polyatheist - there are many gods I don't believe in.

Dan Fouts

TheSlamma

Diamond Member
Sep 6, 2005

So you admit Christians are hated by the radical left? Interesting.
No troll boy, I said no such thing, Christians are hated by MUCH more then that

zendari

Banned
May 27, 2005

You are one to talk, you "hate" just about everything and everyone different than yourself., at least I dislike something that is truely evil.

I have never been a catholic and didn't attend any church as a kid. But I'm glad you brought up another aspect of why people dislike organized religions. It funny how one as yourself who dislikes, hates even, other non-Christian religions can't relate to someone who dislikes all of them. Where is that quote..

I don't dislike or hate other religions, or anybody for that matter, and I never have such meanspirited words like you have posted.

But since when do you dislike all religions? You never spew crap about Islam.

Todd33

Diamond Member
Oct 16, 2003

I don't dislike or hate other religions, or anybody for that matter, and I never have such meanspirited words like you have posted.

I'm sorry, I confused you with the guy that post all those anti-liberal, anti-non-Christian posts.

I live in America, I live in a Christian majority country. I have to endure the endless hypocrisy here from the Christians. If I lived in a Muslim country I would use them as my pin cushion. I do not support any organized religion (have I said that enough yet?). I definitely respect some religions more than others, ie. Buddhism.

I'm looking for some pro-Muslim post from you, there are plenty of threads that you could have used.. where are they Zen? You don't dislike Islam do you?

Polish3d

Diamond Member
Jul 6, 2005
Originally posted by: Frackal
This country needs to expunge the (IMO) cancer known as neo-conservatism

In classical mechanics, Newton's third law states that forces occur in pairs, one called the action and the other the reaction. Both forces are equal in magnitude and opposite in direction. The distinction between action and reaction is purely arbitrary: anyone of the two forces can be considered an action, in which case the other (corresponding) force automatically becomes its associated reaction.

The reaction (neocons) you see is a direct result of the action that had already taken place (ie...left wing wackos).

Well, neoconservatism was supposedly 'born' out of a frustration with the percieved failure of liberal (social engineering/Great Society et al) aims to better the world. But frankly, who cares? You should get away from this partisan-zealot's habit of dismissing wrongdoing by individuals you support by yelping about wrongdoing by others. And the newton thing is silly.

zendari

Banned
May 27, 2005

I'm sorry, I confused you with the guy that post all those anti-liberal, anti-non-Christian posts.

I live in America, I live in a Christian majority country. I have to endure the endless hypocrisy here from the Christians. If I lived in a Muslim country I would use them as my pin cushion. I do not support any organized religion (have I said that enough yet?). I definitely respect some religions more than others, ie. Buddhism.

I'm looking for some pro-Muslim post from you, there are plenty of threads that you could have used.. where are they Zen? You don't dislike Islam do you?

I don't know who you confused me with.

I have plenty of (misguided) liberal friends at school, some of them of Islamic origin. I don't like or dislike Islam; they're free to have their own beliefs.

I'll leave the "disliking" to you.

TheSlamma

Diamond Member
Sep 6, 2005

This would be purgery in court.

A failure on a polygraph.

A bearing of false witness againt thy neighbor

zendari

Banned
May 27, 2005

This would be purgery in court.

A failure on a polygraph.

A bearing of false witness againt thy neighbor

Nope, not really.

daniel49

Diamond Member
Jan 8, 2005
This country needs to expunge the (IMO) cancer known as neo-conservatism

In classical mechanics, Newton's third law states that forces occur in pairs, one called the action and the other the reaction. Both forces are equal in magnitude and opposite in direction. The distinction between action and reaction is purely arbitrary: anyone of the two forces can be considered an action, in which case the other (corresponding) force automatically becomes its associated reaction.

The reaction (neocons) you see is a direct result of the action that had already taken place (ie...left wing wackos).

Well, neoconservatism was supposedly 'born' out of a frustration with the percieved failure of liberal (social engineering/Great Society et al) aims to better the world. But frankly, who cares?
Here you have demonstrated the ability to understand what I am saying at least that puts you heads up on some.

You should get away from this partisan-zealot's habit of dismissing wrongdoing by individuals you support by yelping about wrongdoing by others. And the newton thing is silly.
who is dismissing or admitting wrong doing? I merely stated whereof neoconservatisn was born. Which you agreed with and then dismissed because it didn't support your point of view.
It is cause and effect, its not terribly complicated

Todd33

Diamond Member
Oct 16, 2003
I don't know who you confused me with.

I have plenty of (misguided) liberal friends at school, some of them of Islamic origin. I don't like or dislike Islam; they're free to have their own beliefs.

I'll leave the "disliking" to you.

As if I don't have Christian friends and family, it's like 80% of the US kiddo. I don't dislike people, unless I know of their actions. I said I dislike the concept of religion, the dogma and brainwashing. Even you must admit how much war, suffering, intolerance, etc. stems from religion through the last few thousand years.

I'm glad you do not judge people on their associations. People are people, they just put themselves in small groups of like minded folks for comfort.

In a perfect world religion would be a personal and private thing. Don't ask, don't tell. People would get along a lot better.

Mursilis

Diamond Member
Mar 11, 2001
I do not support any organized religion (have I said that enough yet?).

Except gov't - you seem to be a big fan of that. If ever there was a belief that defied reason and history, it's the idea that gov't should have the prominent role espoused by the Modern Left.