I might end up the only guy who didn't go to a single dance in high school

Lager

Diamond Member
May 19, 2003
:confused: Yep, have not attended a single dance or formal dance at high school. Never had the nerve ask a girl to go with me or did I feel I wanted to go. Plus I don't even like to dance. My friends are going this year, they usually go to the theme dances but this year they are going to the prom, the whole limo scene, etc. The funny thing is, none of these guys have girlfriends, they are just asking some girls who they know to go with them. Why would you spend a grip just to go to prom with a girl that isn't even your girlfriend??
:confused:

My mom is pressuring me to go and wants to set me up with a girl. NNNNNNNNOOOOO!!!!

PunDogg

Diamond Member
Jan 15, 2002
had fun at my prom, plus my date and I split the money so it wasn;t that bad

Dogg

Id rather go with a friend than a g/f. 1) More fun, cause no one cares 2) cheaper

amdskip

Lifer
Jan 6, 2001
I actually enjoyed prom but you just have to do it on a budget. Borrow a car from someone, something nice of course. People are more than willing to let you use one for prom.

LordJezo

Banned
May 16, 2001
This thread and all of the "prom = teh suck" responses makes me cry at the social situation of people here.

fs5

Lifer
Jun 10, 2000
Originally posted by: LordJezo
This thread and all of the "prom = teh suck" responses makes me cry at the social situation of people here.

I agree... there is no doubt that not going to prom or at least one formal dance in high school is something you'll regret in the future.

PatboyX

Diamond Member
Aug 10, 2001

dude!
i went to prom and it was awesome! it was just a lot of fun with all my friends, we got a limo together the whole thing. it was pretty cool. it wasnt a huge-hollywood-movie-style-prom deal and i do think there is a lot of social pressure about it. but...hell, if i could have a good time and feel comfortable there, no one else here should be worried about it!

coldcut, go! sure you drop some cash but it can be a great experience and its a lot of fun. no need to dance! any idiot can do the slow-dance and thats all you need do to make a date happy.

Storm

Diamond Member
Nov 5, 1999

Dont people feel the same way about you and some of your threads?

DuallyX

Golden Member
Sep 6, 2000
Took my then not-quite-girlfriend to Prom, 3 years or so later now, she's my wife. :)

agnitrate

Diamond Member
Jul 2, 2001
I went to Prom twice and got screwed over by both girls twice. I am still glad I went. It was an experience, that's all that matters.

-silver

dxkj

Lifer
Feb 17, 2001
Originally posted by: fivespeed5
Originally posted by: PatboyX
Originally posted by: dxkj
I never went to a dance in Hs and I turned out TV.

wha?

I think he meant to type OK, but T is no where near O and V is no where near K. :confused:

/sigh

its a bastardization of a simpsons quote

"Hey, I spent most of my life watching TV and I turned out TV... " supposed to say ok but he says TV instead, NM, my humor is lost on you guys :)

AlienCraft

Lifer
Nov 23, 2002
Exactly.
Growing up is more about learning to deal with uncomfortable social situations.
DO IT!
This is your life. There is no dress rehersal.
So you don't dance? Chances are astronomically reduced that you will ever get laid. FAKE IT! No ONE IS WATCHING YOU!!! ;) They're watching their PARTNER!!
HAve fun, No one gets out of here alive anyway. It's better to go with memories than "I should haves".
Seriously, go with a friend or several is even better.

<Uncle Alien's rules of life # 27 (in the continuing series)
*.... Never turn down an invitation to go fishing or dancing.

Jzero

Lifer
Oct 10, 1999
I went to a number of proms/formals in HS and college. I had a great time every time.

hdeck

Lifer
Sep 26, 2002
i didn't go to any dances in high school. i hung out with friends instead. wasting money on girls who are only going to try and out-do other girls is no fun for you or your wallet.