4 medium-sized green onions, minced
1 teaspoon of ground ginger
4 teaspoons soy sauce
3/4 tsp salt
3 cups of minced cabbage
1 clove of minced garlic
1/2 teaspoon black pepper

--------------------
Grab some Gyoza wrappers, but get 2 packs or more....I have half a pound of pork + the rest of the ingredients in a bowl in my fridge.

All you do is put about a teaspoon of the filling in one of the wrappers and seal the edge with water. Push out any air and make as many dumplings as you want.

Put some oil in a skillet, fry them up, 12 at a time for 5 minutes without moving them....Add 1/2 cup of water and cover immediately. Lower heat to simmer for 10 minutes until water is absorbed. Then move the heat back up until they get crispy...3-4 minutes.

GOOOOOD stuff. My wife is going to have me make these often from the reviews tonight. They taste just like the ones you buy....and they are CHEAP!

sygyzy

Lifer
Oct 21, 2000
I made them about a month ago. So delicious. But it took way too long. At least an hour.

xSauronx

Lifer
Jul 14, 2000
Originally posted by: sygyzy
I made them about a month ago. So delicious. But it took way too long. At least an hour.

they take way too long for how fast they go :/

same thing for homemade poptarts. i made some once

delicious, but it took forever.

i wont make that mistake again

Scarpozzi

Lifer
Jun 13, 2000
I threw the "minced" ingredients in my food processor. All I had to do was mix them in with the rest of the ingredients and the filling was done. Literally took 5 minutes.

Putting everything together took a while, but I laid them out 8 at a time and was able to make a few cookie sheets full of pot stickers quickly. After they were made, I put the cookie sheets in the freezer to freeze the extras. You can buy them at Samsclub at the price of 72 for $10.

I figure a pound of meat will make about that. I just need more wrappers. I'll be finishing out everything tomorrow and will be eating these things while I watch the Super Bowl. :D

waggy

No Lifer
Dec 14, 2000
Originally posted by: xSauronx

homemade poptarts? ohh.

I don't mind if it takes awhile to make something. as long as they are good.

tami

Lifer
Nov 14, 2004

and you waited a month to tell us!

xSauronx

Lifer
Jul 14, 2000
Originally posted by: waggy
Originally posted by: xSauronx

homemade poptarts? ohh.

I don't mind if it takes awhile to make something. as long as they are good.

this was a bitch

pie is just as good, and much easier ;)

habib89

Diamond Member
Jan 17, 2001
you should just make hella them and freeze them... also great with wontons...

by the way, if you make the leftover meat into balls and fry them, and then make some fried rice or have some garlic onion pasta... yum...

jonnyjack

Platinum Member
Oct 13, 1999
i just buy the ling ling brand from costco, they have nice thin flour wraps so they're more like gyoza instead of the chinese potstickers.

i'm chinese but i'll take the japanese version anytime, that's why i always get them when going to the sushi bar :)

I Saw OJ

Diamond Member
Dec 13, 2004
My mother used to make those for herself when I still lived with my parents. They would make the house smell so bad I would have to leave for a couple hours and let the house air out.

sygyzy

Lifer
Oct 21, 2000
Originally posted by: Scarpozzi
I threw the "minced" ingredients in my food processor. All I had to do was mix them in with the rest of the ingredients and the filling was done. Literally took 5 minutes.

Putting everything together took a while, but I laid them out 8 at a time and was able to make a few cookie sheets full of pot stickers quickly. After they were made, I put the cookie sheets in the freezer to freeze the extras. You can buy them at Samsclub at the price of 72 for $10.

I figure a pound of meat will make about that. I just need more wrappers. I'll be finishing out everything tomorrow and will be eating these things while I watch the Super Bowl. :D

I don't have a food processor. I did everything by hand and I used all fresh ingredients. I made the mistake of freezing them in ziplock bags. They all were naturally leaking (the sauce/marinade plus the egg wash, hard to keep them clean and dry) and they all froze into a huge inseparable lump :(