I loved this suggestion to solve global warming and rising oceans

DrPizza

Administrator Elite Member Goat Whisperer
Mar 5, 2001
www.slatebrookfarm.com
"Why not just dredge the oceans to make them deeper? Then, the water would rise back up to their present level. They could use all the stuff they dredge out to build up the shore."

:laugh:

BigToque

Lifer
Oct 10, 1999
Originally posted by: DrPizza
"Why not just dredge the oceans to make them deeper? Then, the water would rise back up to their present level. They could use all the stuff they dredge out to build up the shore."

:laugh:

lol

DrPizza

Mar 5, 2001
www.slatebrookfarm.com
Originally posted by: Noobtastic
Solution: Stop worrying.

the Earth is not going to explode.

Allow me to explain the purpose of this thread, since it apparently went over your head. This thread is about the ridiculousness of someone's idea. I don't care how high the oceans are going to rise.

Jeff7

Lifer
Jan 4, 2001
You know, technically, it would work, right? It's how volcanoes work, pumping and thrusting up liquid goodness from the creamy center, oozing it out all over mother Earth's hot, crusty surface, getting it just everywhere, until it hardens and.....wait, what?

BigToque

Lifer
Oct 10, 1999

Allow me to explain the purpose of this thread, since it apparently went over your head. This thread is about the ridiculousness of someone's idea. I don't care how high the oceans are going to rise.

The real solution is for everyone to buy a houseboat :)

Cristatus

Diamond Member
Oct 13, 2004
Originally posted by: Jeff7
You know, technically, it would work, right? It's how volcanoes work, pumping and thrusting up liquid goodness from the creamy center, oozing it out all over mother Earth's hot, crusty surface, getting it just everywhere, until it hardens and.....wait, what?

LOL...I'm sigifying this as soon as i can be bothered.

DrPizza

Mar 5, 2001
www.slatebrookfarm.com
Here's a fun problem: Suppose the earth's oceans really were going to rise by 1 meter, so we decided to remove enough material to counteract this. How would the amount of material needed to be dredged from the ocean floor compare to all of the mining and oil taken from the ground in the history of mankind?

BoomerD

No Lifer
Feb 26, 2006
You're missing the most obvious solution...after all, how deep would the ocean REALLY be if we removed all the sponges? :D

BigToque

Lifer
Oct 10, 1999
Originally posted by: BoomerD
You're missing the most obvious solution...after all, how deep would the ocean REALLY be if we removed all the sponges? :D

Is the earth sponge-worthy?

Noobtastic

Banned
Jul 9, 2005
Originally posted by: BigToque

The real solution is for everyone to buy a houseboat :)

Or a prius.

XD

Mar 10, 2005
Originally posted by: Jeff7

rofl