I love this time of the year

ponyo

Lifer
Feb 14, 2002
Weather is perfect mid 70 F and low humidity. Perfect convertible weather. And Costco has all their holiday chocolates and cookie boxes out on display and available for purchase. Bought couple different boxes of Belgium holiday chocolates and gift box of honey baklava at Costco. Tried couple of baklava paired with Irish black tea with milk and reflected how good we have it. Funny how simple stuff in life can make you really happy. Anyway I highly recommend trying the honey baklava that's at Costco right now. Source of origin is Dubai, UAE.

Reactions: Mayne

Mayne

Diamond Member
Apr 13, 2014
I love it too. why am i eating so many halloween candies right now?

Red Squirrel

No Lifer
May 24, 2003
www.anyf.ca
I love/hate it, depends on the year. Some years it does nothing but rain non stop from like August to November. But this year is not too bad the rain is on/off but it's tolerable.

There's lot of nice scenery at this time of year too.

Scarpozzi

Lifer
Jun 13, 2000
I took Monday/Tuesday off and took off for a nice cool night of camping. 70 degrees in the day time.....49 degrees at night.

As the sun was setting, I grilled pork tenderloin, foil-pack potatoes and onions in the coals, and beanie weenies with PBR to wash it down...smores afterwards. 4am a herd of deer walked past my tent because I was camping next to the lake. I could hear their hooves and they started barking. (look up barking deer if you don't know what that sound is....scary when it wakes you up) 7am, you could hear the Canadian geese getting up and heading out....flying overhead.

I woke up and made pancakes and bacon after building another fire...and yes, I brought a propane torch for fire starting because I'm an adult now. I proved in the scouts I can make one with flint and steel in the rain. No need to prove anything anymore.

1602113280909.png