I love my new Harman Kardon AVR-230, now I need a sub

nsafreak

Diamond Member
Oct 16, 2001
Man it makes such a huge difference going from Dolby Pro Logic to DTS sound that I wish I had done it sooner. Sound is much crisper and cleaner than my old receiver and the feature that automatically sets each speaker level using a mic on the remote is damn handy. Now I want to add some bass to my setup but I don't want to break the bank. The area I have my system setup in isn't terribly large and I don't need to disturb the neighbors. So I'm thinking something in the 100-125 watt range should do the trick. I'm also thinking of a downfiring subwoofer so I don't have to worry about placement as much. Suggestions with links to each subwoofer you folks recommend would be appreciated. And for those DIY types, I have thought about building my own sub but I don't have the tools necessary nor do I have the time so that's out of the question.

T2T III

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
Ask and ye shall receive.

Actually, that is my sub which I'm selling. However, it is a very nice sub. I'm only asking $200 + shipping for the sub. However, the driver alone sells for $132.00 - if you were to buy it from Parts Express.

nsafreak

Diamond Member
Oct 16, 2001
I really like those SVS subs but my wallet is trying to get out of my pocket and run away as I was looking at the prices. Not cheap but it's understandable why. Tiles2Tech I'll keep your sub in mind but it might be a bit unless I can sell some of my computer stuff and my receiver once it gets repaired.

Hayabusa Rider

Admin Emeritus & Elite Member
Jan 26, 2000
Man, that name screws up the formatting something awful

Edit, but the vtf-2 is also a good sub