I love my county to death. Seriously!

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Nov 20, 2009
I wonder if they are concerned about people illegally converting their sfh into two units.
True, but the same goes for replacing your hot water heater, too. Yes, my county requires a permit for that. Need an AC compressor or evap or A-coil replaced, permit for that. How about that heater? Same. Rear deck? Yep.

BTW, the house next door, which the owner hasn't lived in since 2006-7, has had multiple families living in it at one time or another. Currently there are two families living in it. Looks purdy on the outside, but the inside is a war zone.

Nov 17, 2019
My 'next door' has trees, tens of thousands of 'em. And cows, a few dozen. Then there are the deer. And coyotes.

Next house? Close to a quarter mile. About ten houses on three miles of road.

Red Squirrel

No Lifer
May 24, 2003
www.anyf.ca
^ That will be me at some point. Bought 40 acres. There's 2 other 40 acre properties that border mine and only one of them has a small cabin and camper on it, then everything else is crown land. Going to start clearing an area and building in the next few years.

And no pesky permits or any of that BS needed either. Though even in my city you don't need a permit for electrical, surprisingly... but you are suppose to get it inspected and you are suppose to file a notification of work with ESA. Yeah, nobody does that. If it can't be seen from the street, satellite, or airplane, then they won't know. ;)

I do worry about solar though, they might start to go after that at some point and that's kind of hard to hide.