I love Mercy Otis Warren, I dislike Abigail Adams.

Anarchist420

Diamond Member
Feb 13, 2010
www.facebook.com
Who do you think was right for the long haul? I think Mercy Otis Warren was without a doubt. I don't like the aggressive feminists (the 2nd First Lady was a very aggressive feminist who probably hurt the feminist cause more than she helped it) especially ones that would hand their husbands shit like the Alien Sedition Acts to be signed.

I have respect and some support for the New Leftist feminists like Betty Friedan or whoever they were that tried to change the fascist culture, but I'm not sure that they were of the same mind as Mercy Otis Warren was.

Mercy Otis Warren is one of my favorite Founders and will be forever because I will always see eye to eye with her forever (moreso than with any other feminist), in any form I may/may not ever be in. Perhaps it is due to her ability to put the whole America first via super confederalization of State power and later advocating for a good Bill of Rights. Perhaps it is because she was sweet and feminine.

BTW, I'm worried that the Redcoats raped her. I saw a movie in the 11th grade about the Revolution and I'm worried that the most willing agents of the British state and some Loyalists called her a slut and tried to rape her... I'm sure she was too bright and sweet for them though and they may have only made her stronger too.

Mercy Otis Warren is a Revolution of American and Jeffersonian-style Secessionist Love FOREVER... and for ALL ETERNITY: )

Last edited:
Feb 10, 2000
I would be startled if more than 2% of the membership of this forum has ever heard of Mercy Otis Warren, much less has any opinion on her merits relative to those of Jane Adams.

You need to go to the doctor. This is important.

Last edited:

CrackRabbit

Lifer
Mar 30, 2001
I now declare this thread to be about BBQ.

Texas BBQ > *

Edit: You need to go to the doctor. This is important.

Last edited:

blackangst1

Lifer
Feb 23, 2005
Who?

Anyways back on track...I love Texas BBQ!

texas_bbq_ribs.jpg

edit: You need to go to the doctor. This is important.

monovillage

Diamond Member
Jul 3, 2008
I always liked Dolly Madison myself, she was a tough woman. Adams was said to be pretty strident and opinionated, i'd never heard of Mercy.

*EDIT*
Sorry, I didn't know this was an official liberal ATP&N derail the thread topic.

dank69

Lifer
Oct 6, 2009
I always liked Dolly Madison myself, she was a tough woman. Adams was said to be pretty strident and opinionated, i'd never heard of Mercy.

*EDIT*
Sorry, I didn't know this was an official liberal ATP&N derail the thread topic.
Apology accepted.

blackangst1

Lifer
Feb 23, 2005

*EDIT*

So you prefer KC BBQ, and youre OK with Texas style, but never heard of California style?

woolfe9999

Diamond Member
Mar 28, 2005
I was always a KC-style BBQ guy, but in recent years I see the wisdom of Carolina style. I don't have a ton of experience with Texas BBQ but have certainly enjoyed it when I have tried it.

Depends whether we're talking about east Texas barbecue or central Texas barbecue. The latter emphasizes higher quality meat with sauces being kind of an afterthought, while the former emphasizes really spicy sauces. Each has it merits.

This discussion is making me hungry. What was this thread suppose to be about anyway?

woolfe9999

Diamond Member
Mar 28, 2005

Yes, because liberals are truly terrified by a discussion of the relative merits of Mercy Otis Warren and Jane Adams.

Why don't you join in and make it a bi-partisan derail? What are you grilling these days anyway? Dog meat?

blackangst1

Lifer
Feb 23, 2005
Depends whether we're talking about east Texas barbecue or central Texas barbecue. The latter emphasizes higher quality meat with sauces being kind of an afterthought, while the former emphasizes really spicy sauces. Each has it merits.

This discussion is making me hungry. What was this thread suppose to be about anyway?

Yeah me too. I took out ribeyes to thaw and now Im wishing I had pulled the ribs out :(

blackangst1

Lifer
Feb 23, 2005
Ah man, you're killing me here. Well marbled rib-eyes are the best.

Yep. I do mine by freezing right away, unmarinated. Once thawed, slather on a very very light coating of olive oil and worcestershire, sprinkled with Montreal spicy. Medium rare. Over coal, of course.

monovillage

Diamond Member
Jul 3, 2008
Yes, because liberals are truly terrified by a discussion of the relative merits of Mercy Otis Warren and Jane Adams.

Why don't you join in and make it a bi-partisan derail? What are you grilling these days anyway? Dog meat?

You could always make your own thread about BBQ, Anarch420 may be a strange topic poster, but he's on topic for AT Politics&News. Don't the rules apply to him in this forum?

Feb 6, 2007
You could always make your own thread about BBQ, Anarch420 may be a strange topic poster, but he's on topic for AT Politics&News. Don't the rules apply to him in this forum?
Some of us are legitimately worried about him. He seems like a decent enough person, but his posts show troubling signs of a mind that is not healthy. Hopefully he can find the help he needs and be treated.

woolfe9999

Diamond Member
Mar 28, 2005

Meh, lighten up. We're having a laugh. There are in fact very good reasons to not take A420 terribly seriously. You're certainly free to discuss the topic he raised if it interests you.

Feb 10, 2000
Some of us are legitimately worried about him. He seems like a decent enough person, but his posts show troubling signs of a mind that is not healthy. Hopefully he can find the help he needs and be treated.

That's the thing. Speaking only for myself, the last thing I am trying to do is mock A420. I really wish him well. His posts here suggest he really needs professional help. I'd like to see him get it. He has previously said he was seeking it but never updated about that, and continues posting these sorts of strange threads instead.

Apr 27, 2012

*EDIT*

Liberals are scared of this guy, this is typical liberal tactics, they disagree with the OP and try to derail his thread

woolfe9999

Diamond Member
Mar 28, 2005
Liberals are scared of this guy,

LOL, sure. Liberals are terrified of A420 and Incorruptible. If all non-liberal posters were like you two, the liberals would just be fleeing from the forum in droves.

This thread is really beginning to deliver the hilarity even more so than the typical A420 debacle.

monovillage

Diamond Member
Jul 3, 2008
Back in my school days there was a kid, real poor and almost deaf. Other kids would throw change down a stairwell and when the kid went down to pick it up they'd spit on him and throw stuff at him, the money was important enough to the guy that he always went down to get it though. So yeah, i've seen this kind of behavior before.