I love how full of sh!t all the parties are

Mill

Lifer
Oct 10, 1999
The governor's race here is 49%/49% and separated by 2500 votes overall. The Incumbent(D) is leading the Challenger(R) and the lead keeps getting smaller and smaller. The Dems and the Repubs just smile and say this is what we expected, every vote counts, and all the other BS. They said they are upbeat and calm because their candidate is going to win. Actually, I am sure both candidates and their campaign staff are about to sh!t bricks. Am I the only one who wishes they would just tell the truth? I wish one campaign would say "we are pretty nervous because the lead is dwindling, and I think we are going to be getting drunk pretty soon." They add all the syrupy feel good crap that makes me sick.

XMan

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
What do you expect them to say?

It's like the halftime interviews they do at sporting events. Nobody ever tells the truth.

"Kobe, you're down by 50 points, and all but four players on the team have fouled out. What do you foresee for the second half?"
"Well, Marv, we just need to keep playing tough defense, and let the offense come to us, and hopefully we can pull this one out."

MaxDSP

Lifer
May 15, 2001
I think if everyone in government and politics told the truth, it'd be too much to take for the general public.

FrontlineWarrior

Diamond Member
Apr 19, 2000
omg bill simon is leading in california. as bad as davis is, if simon becomes governor this state is gonna be in deep sh!t.

Mill

Lifer
Oct 10, 1999
Jesus... the incumbent is now down by 8 votes with 95% reporting. Gonna be a long night.