I lost $1 million in online dating scam

BD231

Lifer
Feb 26, 2001
Sounds to me like this woman would have been better off with a loser like me :confused_old:

http://www.mypalmbeachpost.com/news...nger-million-lost-all/vzsj9kbiO9d3g0JKJCal2O/

“The guys were losers,” she recalled. “Some asked for money within a week of meeting online.”

But when she logged on to the site on November 14, 2010, one message spoke to her soul.

“I am in search of a long term relationship that…hopefully will lead to marriage…I’m willing to give my entire heart to that special lady…”

The whole entire thing he says, that's how you get rich chicks.

He said his name was Eric Cole, a British widower with one son, Talk2Me55 claimed. He had a PhD in education, traveled widely and lived a life guided by his Christian faith, a critical attribute for Debby, a Mormon whose husband had died five months earlier.

In the office of her tidy home west of Lake Worth, she scrutinized his photo. It showed a tall, muscular, middle-aged man in a blue t-shirt, baseball cap and sunglasses.

“So handsome,” she thought. Her friends agreed.

“Debby was all giggly,” her best friend, Denise Rosenberg, remembers.

During the next 22 months, Eric and Debby wrote each other almost every day.

“It was incredible to fall in love again at my age,” said Debby. “It was like being 16 again. Over the months, he became my whole life.”

Sounds nice do go on ....

She never suspected he would take more than $1 million from her in an online dating scam, then disappear somewhere in Nigeria.

HAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHA OMG HE'S BLACK OMG

In this day in age I doubt she didn't know, I mean, c'mon .... So what do you say, did she know? Or is she full of sh*t ?

11h17i.jpg

• Haha
Reactions: igor_kavinski
Feb 25, 2011
If you have $1m to spend on anything, how would you not hop on a plane at some point in 22 months to meet this dude? I mean, isn't that a good idea? Isn't the UK nice? Wouldn't you want to get laid or something?

Darwin333

Lifer
Dec 11, 2006
if she can afford to send $1 million to nigeria, i can assure you there's more blood to squeeze from that particular turnip

The article said she had to borrow a significant portion from her family, I'd wager that spigot is turned off when it comes to "I need money to send to a guy".

• Haha

Skunk-Works

Jun 29, 2016
There's a sucker born every minute. I have no pity for such assery these stupid woman are.

Skunk-Works

Jun 29, 2016
My mom watches Dr. Phil and she sees these suckers all the time. It's truly baffling at why people think they need to shell out thousands of dollars.

nakedfrog

No Lifer
Apr 3, 2001
I think this story is full of shit. It just cannot be true. Who the hell trusts the ones he meets online? All the more on dating sites. I wonder how was the whole process of scamming, how did he put his hands on 1.000.000$? Trust needs time, it is not built on impressions. I'm aware of that when dating. I don't even let the other women alone in the house. As soon as I go, she leaves my house also. I'm still looking for the one to gain my trust, to make her mine, to wake up and leave her sleeping in my bed, I'm still searching for you. Are you on Blendr? I hope you are but we didn't meet yet. Find me .
John.
Please post pics of bank statement, then we can assist you in finding the love of your life.

• Haha

slayer202

Lifer
Nov 27, 2005
I think this story is full of shit. It just cannot be true. Who the hell trusts the ones he meets online? All the more on dating sites. I wonder how was the whole process of scamming, how did he put his hands on 1.000.000$? Trust needs time, it is not built on impressions. I'm aware of that when dating. I don't even let the other women alone in the house. As soon as I go, she leaves my house also. I'm still looking for the one to gain my trust, to make her mine, to wake up and leave her sleeping in my bed, I'm still searching for you. Are you on Blendr? I hope you are but we didn't meet yet. Find me .
John.

make sure you have her clap her hands while you're in the bathroom

• Haha
Reactions: dank69

dasherHampton

Platinum Member
Jan 19, 2018
Is this a scam in and of itself? Has a gofundme been started yet?

To be fair though - seemingly sane people get duped. My mother, one of the most level headed people you'll ever meet, fell for the "I'm in trouble" scam and sent $2500 dollars to someone.

Luna1968

Golden Member
Mar 9, 2019
“I emptied our retirement accounts,” she said, and paid crippling penalties.
She sold her gold jewelry to send Eric $5,000. She took loans on diamond rings. She sold stocks. She juggled business accounts. Eventually, she borrowed $100,000 from her parents to help the man with whom she expected to spend the rest of her life.

damn. so many red flags. i bet her parents and kids are pissed.

Jul 27, 2020
necro post by spammer removed

Yeah. Sad waste of a million doLAARRRRS.

Serves her right for not donating it to AT forum members so they could all buy 7900 XTX's or the AIO 4090s. Our joyous messages of gratitude would have given her more happiness than any man ever could.

Last edited by a moderator: