I know you all tech-savy folks would know about this..

andylawcc

Lifer
Mar 9, 2000
but I am still enlightened by what I've read

Stephne Wozniak and Steven Kopbs Met at their Los Altos, Califronia, hish school, and became friends due to thier common interst in electronics.

Wozniak was a conservative youth [hey! i am too! :)] whose obseesion with technology left little room for social relationships or studyingl in fact, after oine year at the University of Colorado, he dropped out with his academic record littered with F;s. In contrast to this serious nature, Wozniak was renowned for his high-tech pranks, for which, on one occasion, he spent a night in juvenile hall for wiring up a fake bomb in a friend's locker. In another incident, he devised a way to place a free telephone call to the Pope at the Vatican, identifying himself as then Secretary of State Henry Kissinger.

Jobs, on the other hand, had interests outside electronics, He seached for intelletual, emotional, and spiritual stimulation. After one semester at Reed College, he dropped out to pursue an interest in Eastern Religions, which led him to temples in India, searching for the meaning for life.

The First Enterprise built by Woznaik and sold by Jobs was an illegal device called a blue box that could crash the tekephone systm. It generated a set of tones that fooled the computerized telephone switching sytstems and opened up free, long-distance circuitsl these systems allowed "phone phreaks" to take long and illegal joy rides throught out the wolrd's telephone networks.

anyone wanna add interesting tech stories?

PS: damn, now I wanna drop college... only if I had their brains...