Question I just upgraded to a 6800XT, but I have a Gsync monitor... any setup I need to worry about?

Shyatic

Platinum Member
Apr 5, 2004
I have an Acer Predator XB271HU, and just upgraded to a 6800XT card (finally got a card!). On the Nvidia control panel it was pretty straightforward to set up Gsync, but I'm not familiar with Radeon software/cards, so was curious if I need to do anything special to get this to work ideally? Mostly I play Warzone, Overwatch, and a few others... but I want to make sure I have the settings properly set in order not to mess with the games and get ideal frames.

I upgraded from a 1080Ti (that will go to my son), and my frames in Warzone seem pretty much similar (maybe a little higher, around 120fps).

Anyway, appreciate any help for a radeon noob!

Leeea

Diamond Member
Apr 3, 2020
Gsync specific monitors will not support variable refresh rate and low motion blur on amd cards, as it is an nvidia proprietary implementation.
That is usually not true.

If your gsync monitor does not support freesync out of the box, check for a firmware patch from the manufacturer. Nearly all gsync monitors made since 2019 support freesync. Many made before that can be updated to support it.

see:

So is this going to be me needing a new monitor, as well?
Try to enable freesync before doing such a thing. Odds are it will just work. Most gsync monitors also support freesync.

If not, check if you can get a firmware patch to enable it.

Shyatic

Platinum Member
Apr 5, 2004
That is usually not true.

If your gsync monitor does not support freesync out of the box, check for a firmware patch from the manufacturer. Nearly all gsync monitors made since 2019 support freesync. Many made before that can be updated to support it.

see:

Try to enable freesync before doing such a thing. Odds are it will just work. Most gsync monitors also support freesync.

If not, check if you can get a firmware patch to enable it.
Monitor came out in like 2016, I think? So no patch that I can see for it. I've just limited the FPS for now, and seeing how that goes.

Reactions: Leeea