I just shaved my head with a eletric razor

keystroker

May 19, 2001
I shaved my head last night to a 0 and on the top of my head there is red lines and red dots. is this from irritation or dandruff? I used to wear gel. Will it go away?

Viper GTS

Lifer
Oct 13, 1999
irritation most likely.

Go all the way & take a Mach3 Turbo to it.

Hair is entirely too much work.

Viper GTS

keystroker

May 19, 2001
i need to grow it out it already got like two "heils" at work. I have to stare everyone down now because i get so many looks, i'm not exactly in beverly hills either.

Viper GTS

Lifer
Oct 13, 1999
Originally posted by: Red Dawn
Hey Viper, got any pics of the Chrome Dome?

Umm... These are a year old, & pretty bad, but it's what I've got.

One
Two
Three

No glasses anymore (they finally figured out WTF is wrong with my eyes), but general idea is the same.

This was the first time I did it, in the middle of December, hence the absolute white.

Viper GTS

Red Dawn

Elite Member
Jun 4, 2001
That's kind of a cool look..for a white guy:) Thought about growing a goatee so you don't look like Daddy Warbucks?

MiataGirl

Banned
Sep 2, 2002
Originally posted by: Viper GTS

No glasses anymore (they finally figured out WTF is wrong with my eyes), but general idea is the same.

Viper GTS

what'd they do with your eyes?

Viper GTS

Lifer
Oct 13, 1999
Originally posted by: Red Dawn
That's kind of a cool look..for a white guy:) Thought about growing a goatee so you don't look like Daddy Warbucks?

I toyed briefly with the idea, but it would take a while to look halfway presentable. The in-between stage isn't worth dealing with.

I don't usually keep my head completely shaved, I tend to keep it shaved for about a week before letting it grow for a few weeks.

Right now I'm running on about two weeks growth, getting to be cutting time again.

MiataGirl

I have a degenerative cornea disease that glasses don't help for, but hard contacts do (they essentially re-shape the surface of the eye). I'm wearing rigid gas-permeable contacts now, & my vision is much improved. I was nowhere near legal to drive previously, even with glasses, but now have reasonably good vision (20/30 - 20/35).

Viper GTS

Viper GTS

With a magic marker write FVCK YOU on the top of your head.
Next time someone stares at you look down at them.

(You look halfway decent with no hair up top,follow Red's advice though);)

Mookow

Lifer
Apr 24, 2001
Originally posted by: keystroker
i need to grow it out it already got like two "heils" at work. I have to stare everyone down now because i get so many looks, i'm not exactly in beverly hills either.

Thats half the fun. I gave myself a mohawk last year, and noticed that the time it took to make someone break eye contact was reduced by at least %50. Same with a shaved head, which is what I did after I got bored with the mohawk.

friedpie

Oct 1, 2002
You are a brave guy. I want to shave my head, too, but my girl woudl kill me. It's already very short. I would like to just be done with it all together. Hair = hassle. :)

Viper GTS

Lifer
Oct 13, 1999
Originally posted by: friedpie
You are a brave guy. I want to shave my head, too, but my girl woudl kill me. It's already very short. I would like to just be done with it all together. Hair = hassle. :)

I did the shorter, shorter, shorter, gone stages. I used to have it shaved at 1", then 3/4", 1/2", 1/4, etc. Finally I was having it shaved with no attachments whatsoever so the jump to a blade was relatively small.

Only problem was I did it three days before Christmas. More importantly, two days before picture taking at my grandparents.

My mother cried. Literally.

:D

Viper GTS

Kevin

Diamond Member
Jan 1, 2002
I will never ever shave my head, too many stories of "I shaved my head once, and it never grew back."

ObiDon

Diamond Member
May 8, 2000
I have a pointy head. I think it has lots of faultlines, too. I don't remember. ;)

hergehen

Sep 13, 2001
Originally posted by: kevin000
I will never ever shave my head, too many stories of "I shaved my head once, and it never grew back."

I was shaving my had for a few years ...

now I'm sick of it ... and look better with hair anyway ... and they grow without a problem :)

WinkOsmosis

Banned
Sep 18, 2002
Hair is not a hassle. I've stopped using gel and all that crap completely. I've been inspired to grow my hair by the hippie avatar!

BigFatCow

Diamond Member
Aug 11, 2001
Originally posted by: kevin000

wtf? i have never heard of someone shaving their head and then the hair not growing back...

Noriaki

Lifer
Jun 3, 2000
Originally posted by: Jellomancer
Hair is not a hassle. I've stopped using gel and all that crap completely. I've been inspired to grow my hair by the hippie avatar!

Hahahhaha hair is a hassle even without Gel. If you have to comb it, it's a hassle compared to a style like Viper's there. Mine is slightly longer. I shave it with the 6mm (1/4") guard on the electric clippers. I don't go right to the skin, I don't look so good totally bald.
But at the 6mm mark, I look perfectly fine and presentable, and I don't have to do anything to my hair. Every couple of days I wash my head with a bar of soap.
Combing is hassle compared to this, nevermind Gel and that crap...

Once I went to the skin less than a week before my Grade 12 Grad picutures :D
My grad 12 class photos I have no hair. It kicked ass ;)

Valinos

Banned
Jun 6, 2001
I hate the feeling of my scalp after about 2 days of growth...its so painful...its like rubbing a cat's tongue