I just put my entire mame roms in recycle bin and deleted it

CalvinHobbes

Diamond Member
Feb 27, 2004
GetDataBack is also very good but not free. For something you just deleted the free ones are fine.

Via

Diamond Member
Jan 14, 2009
Do you get recycle bin stuff back after doing a system restore?

I've done like 4 or 5 over the years but I've never checked the bin afterwards.

TechBoyJK

Lifer
Oct 17, 2002
check torrent for a cd called Winternals.

It has a deleted files recovery application built into it.

shortylickens

No Lifer
Jul 15, 2003
File Scavanger works great for me. It even helped access a hard drive and recover files when I thought the thing was damaged beyond repair.
http://www.quetek.com/prod02.htm
I paid a lot less than 50 bucks for it though. The free demo will let you see which files you can recover, then you pay and it will let actually get them back.
(It can be used more than once. You pay and its good for life. The demo is just to let you know whether it will actually help in your situation or not.)

hans030390

Diamond Member
Feb 3, 2005
If you're running Vista, I believe you can right click on a folder (whichever contained the files) and tell it to restore to a previous version. From there, you can pick a restore point just for that folder...that's all.

If you're not running Vista or have system restore turned off, then get some of the above programs (and good luck).

Aikouka

Lifer
Nov 27, 2001
I use PC File Recovery. It's a free program and works fairly well, but one important aspect is to stop writing to the drive in question. When a file is deleted, it's area is simply allowed to be written to again, so if you start writing to the drive, there is a chance that you may write over part of it.

RyanPaulShaffer

Diamond Member
Jul 13, 2005
Originally posted by: Aikouka
I use PC File Recovery. It's a free program and works fairly well, but one important aspect is to stop writing to the drive in question. When a file is deleted, it's area is simply allowed to be written to again, so if you start writing to the drive, there is a chance that you may write over part of it.

Yes, I wast just going to say that. Undelete only works as long as you don't overwrite that section of the hard drive. Because what really happens when you "delete" a file is that it just deletes the information from the hard drive index, so the data is still there, it's just that the hard drive doesn't know it any more and marks that area as free.

I remember all this stuff from the good old MS-DOS UNDELETE days...