I just listened to Carlin's "You Are All Diseased" . . . think he will change it, or ever do it again?

XMan

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
He has a monologue on airport security that is particularly harsh after 9/11. It was kinda weird, one minute you're laughing, then you're not. I ended up turning the CD off.

NFS4

No Lifer
Oct 9, 1999

<< He has a monologue on airport security that is particularly harsh after 9/11. It was kinda weird, one minute you're laughing, then you're not. I ended up turning the CD off. >>

I heard it before 9-11. Take it in it's context. It was made BEFORE 9-11. Hell, Carlin bashed everybody, so I see no need to get defensive

So I have no beef with Carlin over that. He is still my favorite comedian followed by Dennis Miller and Chris Rock.

Flat

Banned
Jan 18, 2001

<< He has a monologue on airport security that is particularly harsh after 9/11. It was kinda weird, one minute you're laughing, then you're not. I ended up turning the CD off. >>

oh my you were so offended you turned the CD off? I bet he cares a whole lot!

XMan

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
oh my you were so offended you turned the CD off?

I wasn't offended at all. It's just that what he was saying was so true that it was no longer funny, but depressing.

This line in particular: "There's no logic at all. They'll take away a gun, but let you keep a knife. Well what the f*ck is that? In fact, there's a whole list of lethal objects they will allow you to take on board. Theoretically, you could take a knife, an icepick, a hatchet, a straight razor, a pair of scissors, a chainsaw, six knitting needles and a broken whiskey bottle, and the only thing they're going to say to you is 'that bag has to fit all the way under the seat.'"