I just installed my Radoen 9800 Pro and my monitor shows nothing. PLEASE HELP~!!!

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

high

Banned
Sep 14, 2003
just make sure you get it an extra good push to lock it in.... I had these problems with an older pc and I really had to push the card in until it clicked to get an AGP video signal..

yowsupjj

Dec 30, 2002
Tried clearing cmos.... no luck....
Tried pushing in the video card..... to make sure it was perfectly fit into the slot.... no luck....

out of ideas now....

I guess its possible that my agp slot on my motherboard is bad. I should probably get a replacement.

yowsupjj

Dec 30, 2002
yup....
i already tried that...

When i set it to PCI - The monitor connected to the PCI card turns on.... but nothing shows up on AGP..... the video card isn't getting detected at all.

When i set it to AGP - Still.... the monitor connected to the PCI card turns on..... nothing on AGP....

so,
I take out the PCI card.... and start with only the AGP....
then I get a beep code.

long - short - short.
its only 2 short beeps... not 3 short beeps.

Then, I tried a non 8x agp video card and it works fine.....
its a really crappy video card... about 16 mb of ram on it.... but it works....

so my agp slot is working....

the next thing I'm trying to do is buy a NDVIDIA video card and try plugging that in....

Are there anymore suggestions out there?

I called ABIT today and they said, according to my motherboard specs on the website, it should support 8x video cards. I guess he wasn't too familiar with the problem, so he said he would report this problem to the headquarters and ask them to give me a call...

I wonder if they'll be able to help at all..... I believe i've tried everything possible...

jamesey

Jul 21, 2000
Originally posted by: styrafoam
The bios beep is a video error beep, the card probably won't ever work on your motherboard. I was unable to get my 9800pro to work on an abit KX7-333/kt333 chipset, (with an Antec Truepower 380) I swapped in a kt-600 chipset board and everything was fine.

oh no dont say that.

i have an abit kx7-333 as well. I just got my 9800-AIW yesterday from compusa. i got the long beep, then 2 shorts. i thought it was a DOA card. Today I brought it back to CompUSA and I watched them test it, and it worked. they used a 300W power supply too.