I just had the most unfortunate typo of my life.

Phoenix15

Golden Member
Aug 9, 2001
1,587
3
81
We have recently installed security cameras at my office. They are network ready and can be viewed through a web browser. We have one on our loading dock, one on the back door, and one on the production floor. I was putting shortcuts on everyone's desktop to all the camera's. The one on the loading dock was named "dock". Our secretary (pretty HOT secretary) called me over to her desk and said something was wrong with the shortcut. I double clicked and it opened fine. I closed it, told her it worked fine and was about to stand up. She said NO, there's something wrong with it and pointed at the name of the shortcut. I'm sure you know what the typo was. :eek:

DOH! :eek:
 

T2T III

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
12,899
1
0
Originally posted by: Phoenix15
We have recently installed security cameras at my office. They are network ready and can be viewed through a web browser. We have one on our loading dock, one on the back door, and one on the production floor. I was putting shortcuts on everyone's desktop to all the camera's. The one on the loading dock was named "dock". Our secretary (pretty HOT secretary) called me over to her desk and said something was wrong with the shortcut. I double clicked and it opened fine. I closed it, told her it worked fine and was about to stand up. She said NO, there's something wrong with it and pointed at the name of the shortcut. I'm sure you know what the typo was. :eek:

DOH! :eek:

Man, I hope you don't get busted for sexual harassment. ;)


 

RichieZ

Diamond Member
Jun 1, 2000
6,549
37
91
She probably clicked on it and expected to see the real thing, give the lady what she wants.
 

notfred

Lifer
Feb 12, 2001
38,241
4
0
That wasn't funny.

I thought you were gonna say you misspelled "anandtech" and had porn pop up in plain few of the camera. That would have been funny.
 

AgentEL

Golden Member
Jun 25, 2001
1,327
0
0
i once told a friend to "hold on for a sex." she then told my gf... had a good laugh after that
 

reitz

Elite Member
Oct 11, 1999
3,878
2
76
The company I used to work for was an ISP called Stargate. About a year ago, they started testing new connection software called 'MyStargate'. One of my co-workers sent out an email to several people in the company letting them know that "the first build of the MyStargate software" was ready for testing. Unfortunately, Outlook's spell-check changed MyStargate to masturbate before the email was sent :Q

Within minutes, I received an email recommending that we all add 'MyStargate' to the spell check wordlist :D
 
May 31, 2001
15,326
1
0
Originally posted by: Phoenix15
We have recently installed security cameras at my office. They are network ready and can be viewed through a web browser. We have one on our loading dock, one on the back door, and one on the production floor. I was putting shortcuts on everyone's desktop to all the camera's. The one on the loading dock was named "dock". Our secretary (pretty HOT secretary) called me over to her desk and said something was wrong with the shortcut. I double clicked and it opened fine. I closed it, told her it worked fine and was about to stand up. She said NO, there's something wrong with it and pointed at the name of the shortcut. I'm sure you know what the typo was. :eek:

DOH! :eek:

Duck? :confused:
 

AgentEL

Golden Member
Jun 25, 2001
1,327
0
0
Originally posted by: reitz
The company I used to work for was an ISP called Stargate. About a year ago, they started testing new connection software called 'MyStargate'. One of my co-workers sent out an email to several people in the company letting them know that "the first build of the MyStargate software" was ready for testing. Unfortunately, Outlook's spell-check changed MyStargate to masturbate before the email was sent :Q

Within minutes, I received an email recommending that we all add 'MyStargate' to the spell check wordlist :D

LOL
 
Aug 23, 2000
15,511
1
81
Originally posted by: ShotgunSteve
Originally posted by: Phoenix15
We have recently installed security cameras at my office. They are network ready and can be viewed through a web browser. We have one on our loading dock, one on the back door, and one on the production floor. I was putting shortcuts on everyone's desktop to all the camera's. The one on the loading dock was named "dock". Our secretary (pretty HOT secretary) called me over to her desk and said something was wrong with the shortcut. I double clicked and it opened fine. I closed it, told her it worked fine and was about to stand up. She said NO, there's something wrong with it and pointed at the name of the shortcut. I'm sure you know what the typo was. :eek:

DOH! :eek:

Duck? :confused:

LoL.

This is prob what it was, we just all have dirty minds.
 

Phoenix15

Golden Member
Aug 9, 2001
1,587
3
81
I'm now very uncomfortable looking her on the eye. :confused:



A friend at work typed in "hotmale.com" when he was trying to check his mail quickly a fwe days ago. The site is about what you would expect. :disgust:
 

Alternex

Senior member
Oct 9, 1999
531
0
0
Originally posted by: Phoenix15
I'm now very uncomfortable looking her on the eye. :confused:



A friend at work typed in "hotmale.com" when he was trying to check his mail quickly a fwe days ago. The site is about what you would expect. :disgust:

LOL the same thing happend to me! back in 1996 ish I taught a small class on how to send email.. told them all to go to hotmail.com but some of them went to hotmale.com instead! It was pretty funny seeing the guy's expression "uh why am I looking at this?"
 

Spac3d

Banned
Jul 3, 2001
6,651
1
0
Originally posted by: reitz
The company I used to work for was an ISP called Stargate. About a year ago, they started testing new connection software called 'MyStargate'. One of my co-workers sent out an email to several people in the company letting them know that "the first build of the MyStargate software" was ready for testing. Unfortunately, Outlook's spell-check changed MyStargate to masturbate before the email was sent :Q

Within minutes, I received an email recommending that we all add 'MyStargate' to the spell check wordlist :D
rofl. At least it was inside your company:p