I just got pulled over....

James Bond

Diamond Member
Jan 21, 2005
Before this incident, I had gotten a ticket EVERY time I had been pulled over.

When he first pulled me over, I thought it was because my tabs were expired (by less than a month), but it turned out he didn't even notice. I was informed that I was going 10 over a mile back, and he had been following me the whole time.

I had drank exactly one beer just before I had gotten in my car--it was a dark beer, so I'm sure the smell had to be there a little. That was what worried me more than anything, that he would smell it and assume I was drunk.

He comes up to the window, and asks for the usual stuff... of course, I had forgotten my wallet at my girlfriends house. I tell him that I forgot my wallet, so I don't have my license with me, or my insurance (it was in my wallet, I know, stupid). He gets my information, and walks to his car while I look for my registration. For whatever reason, it isn't in my car, I must have left it at my parents house when I first registered my car.

With all of this accumulating, I knew I was screwed. I thought I would get a speeding ticket at the very minimum, and possibly a myriad of other infractions.

He asks me a few questions, mostly just questioning my intelligence in the first place maybe. I apologize profusely, and tell him I'm aware of the speed signs, and that I'm aware of my negligence.

He tells me to get my sh*t together, and to have a nice night.

I feel like the luckiest person on Earth. I'm going to organize everything in my glove compartment tomorrow. This is the first time I've ever witnessed a cop that had compassion.

Syringer

Lifer
Aug 2, 2001

I feel like the dumbest person on Earth.
---
Fixed ;)

Seriously though that is cool, it's the bad cops that make a bad name for all officers out there..

Farang

Lifer
Jul 7, 2003
Originally posted by: Tizyler
Originally posted by: Farang
Wow...

you must lead a pretty dull life.

?

So I was making breakfast this morning. I grab the milk out of the fridge, and as I pour it the carton slips a bit in my hand and some milk pours onto the hardwood floor. My dog comes over to lick it up and it gets sick from milk so I'm freaked out that he is going to lick it up and get sick again.

I'm scared out of my mind looking down at my dog, and my dog looks back up at me. He stands on his hind legs and leans against me and starts begging for some food, and while he is doing this he steps in the spilt milk. Now I'm freaked because he might lick the milk off of his paws.

So I throw some bits of cereal across the room to get him away from the spilt milk. Then I grabbed a towel and wiped the milk off of his paw to make sure he wouldn't lick it and get sick. Man that was a close one.

Sphexi

Diamond Member
Feb 22, 2005
In Vermont you're required to keep a copy of your insurance in your car at all times, which is where I kept my registration and an old license as well. They let you keep expired ones, so if you lose your current you can get a new one quick without having to re-apply for a new number.

Be more careful in the future, most aren't that nice.

James Bond

Diamond Member
Jan 21, 2005
Wow...

?

So I was making breakfast this morning. I grab the milk out of the fridge, and as I pour it the carton slips a bit in my hand and some milk pours onto the hardwood floor. My dog comes over to lick it up and it gets sick from milk so I'm freaked out that he is going to lick it up and get sick again.

I'm scared out of my mind looking down at my dog, and my dog looks back up at me. He stands on his hind legs and leans against me and starts begging for some food, and while he is doing this he steps in the spilt milk. Now I'm freaked because he might lick the milk off of his paws.

So I throw some bits of cereal across the room to get him away from the spilt milk. Then I grabbed a towel and wiped the milk off of his paw to make sure he wouldn't lick it and get sick. Man that was a close one.

Don't read my posts in the future if its so agonizing.

Luthien

Golden Member
Feb 1, 2004
yep, you got lucky and I am surprised he didnt give you a ticket for many reasons. I got pulled over once and didnt get a ticket only because the cop was in a hurry to get to an accident up the highway and he just told me I could go.

OVerLoRDI

Diamond Member
Jan 22, 2006
Wow...

?

:confused:

aphex

Moderator<br>All Things Apple
Jul 19, 2001
Originally posted by: aphex
I had drank exactly one beer just before I had gotten in my car-

Smart..... real smart...

It is not illegal to drink a single beer.

Just because something isn't illegal doesn't make it any less stupid. Use common sense next time.

Dacalo

Diamond Member
Mar 31, 2000
Originally posted by: OVerLoRDI
Wow...

?

:confused:

I guess his point just flew over your head.

OP, you are very very lucky.

aphex

Jul 19, 2001
Originally posted by: slsmnaz

Smart..... real smart...

Just because something isn't illegal doesn't make it any less stupid. Use common sense next time.

I really hope you are not being serious

What, you think drinking a beer right before getting in a car is smart?

imported_bum

Golden Member
Jan 15, 2005

Smart..... real smart...

Seriously, do you think one beer was a problem here?

invidia

Platinum Member
Oct 8, 2006
I had some Cinnamon Toast Crunch this morning, sat that the computer for 6 hours, had some fried chicken for dinner, sat that the computer for another 9 hours, and now I'm here.

ggnl

Diamond Member
Jul 2, 2004
Originally posted by: slsmnaz

Smart..... real smart...

I really hope you are not being serious

What, you think drinking a beer right before getting in a car is smart?

Smart, no. Harmless, yes.

aphex

Jul 19, 2001
Originally posted by: bum

Smart..... real smart...

Seriously, do you think one beer was a problem here?

I don't think he was drunk, i'm just saying drinking a beer RIGHT before getting into a car is a stupid thing to do. Is it even worth the hassle if you get pulled over?

clamum

Lifer
Feb 13, 2003

Smart..... real smart...

I don't know about the OP, but drinking ONE beer wouldn't do sh!t to my driving ability.

aphex

Jul 19, 2001
Originally posted by: clamum

Smart..... real smart...

I don't know about the OP, but drinking ONE beer wouldn't do sh!t to my driving ability.

I'm not saying it would effect his driving ability... I'm saying that drinking a beer right before getting into a car is stupid IMO. Even the OP said he was worried about the smell on his breath, its just not worth it.

Born2bwire

Diamond Member
Oct 28, 2005
Before this incident, I had gotten a ticket EVERY time I had been pulled over.

When he first pulled me over, I thought it was because my tabs were expired (by less than a month), but it turned out he didn't even notice. I was informed that I was going 10 over a mile back, and he had been following me the whole time.

I had drank exactly one beer just before I had gotten in my car--it was a dark beer, so I'm sure the smell had to be there a little. That was what worried me more than anything, that he would smell it and assume I was drunk.

He comes up to the window, and asks for the usual stuff... of course, I had forgotten my wallet at my girlfriends house. I tell him that I forgot my wallet, so I don't have my license with me, or my insurance (it was in my wallet, I know, stupid). He gets my information, and walks to his car while I look for my registration. For whatever reason, it isn't in my car, I must have left it at my parents house when I first registered my car.

With all of this accumulating, I knew I was screwed. I thought I would get a speeding ticket at the very minimum, and possibly a myriad of other infractions.

He asks me a few questions, mostly just questioning my intelligence in the first place maybe. I apologize profusely, and tell him I'm aware of the speed signs, and that I'm aware of my negligence.

He tells me to get my sh*t together, and to have a nice night.

I feel like the luckiest person on Earth. I'm going to organize everything in my glove compartment tomorrow. This is the first time I've ever witnessed a cop that had compassion.

I bet you're glad he didn't see the dead hooker in the trunk too.