I just got back from McDonalds..

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Coquito

Diamond Member
Nov 30, 2003
Originally posted by: joshsquall
Originally posted by: Coquito
Fast food on Memorial Day? What a damn shame. :(

Why? Memorial Day isn't a sacred eating day, like Thanksgiving or Christmas.

:Q:confused::brokenheart::(

:hamburger;:beer::):beer:

Shawn

Lifer
Apr 20, 2003
Originally posted by: sm8000
Originally posted by: Shawn
When I go to Wendy's I usually ask for a baked potato instead of fries. Half the time they don't have one. Either that or their frosty machine is broken. :thumbsdown:

A few times I've just driven off and went somewhere else.

Why would the frosty machine produce a baked potato?

I don't like soda so I get a frosty instead.

Googer

Lifer
Nov 11, 2004
Originally posted by: krunchykrome
I get a double qt pounder meal. I always ask for BBQ sauce for my fries. I ask the lady and she says "SOLD OUT".

WTF is up with that? :confused:

They were probably out of stock. No more BBQ till the McD truck comes tomorrow or the next day.

Googer

Lifer
Nov 11, 2004

No it is not. You obviously do not get the point. Go take a trip to Arlington.

MmmSkyscraper

Diamond Member
Jul 6, 2004
Chinese Food Intercom: And then?
Jesse: And then I'm gonna come back there and put my foot in your ass if you say "and then" again!
[pause]
Chinese Food Intercom: And then and then and then!

Pepsi90919

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
Originally posted by: Googer

No it is not. You obviously do not get the point. Go take a trip to Arlington.

what? that site doesn't load. and this is a thread about hamburgers, not some war.

pyonir

Lifer
Dec 18, 2001
I went to Target yesterday looking for hydrogen peroxide. They were completely out. There was an employee standing there, and i'm like "so, you are going to seriously tell me that you are out of hydrogen peroxide? Did you guys have a big run on it this weekend?" he called the stock room...completely out. WTF. :confused:

antyler

Golden Member
Aug 7, 2005
one time my buddy and i rolled up to the double arches and he asked for "two pies" referring to the two apple pies for one dollar. The lady responded "Im sorry we dont have two pies." i responded "well can we have one????" and then we drove off.

jadinolf

Lifer
Oct 12, 1999
The McD's near me charges extra for more sauce requested than what is normally included. That said, I haven't eaten there in quite some time, and am trying not to ever again.

And on the flip side, I ask for ketchup here and they give me 10 pouches. I toss 8 back.

MBrown

Diamond Member
Jul 5, 2001
So what was sold out? The quarter pounder or the BBQ sauce or both?

krunchykrome

Lifer
Dec 28, 2003
Originally posted by: Platypus
wait, did krunchykrome or KK start the thread about the spider in the car at wendy's?

that changes my initial reply :D

I figured I'd give McDonalds a shot this time since I found spiders in my car at Wendys last time. :D

b0mbrman

Lifer
Jun 1, 2001
I get a double qt pounder meal. I always ask for BBQ sauce for my fries. I ask the lady and she says "SOLD OUT".

OMG! That's why I only shop at Target now.

You're lucky you didn't get a McHeartAttack :)

krunchykrome

Lifer
Dec 28, 2003
Originally posted by: b0mbrman

OMG! That's why I only shop at Target now.

You're lucky you didn't get a McHeartAttack :)

Target?..what do you mean?

I know McDonalds is going to kill me one day. I don't eat it often. I usually eat healthy during the week, and I eat out on Fridays and Saturdays. On Sunday nights, I like to go get fast food and watch tv. Yesterday (memorial day) felt like a Sunday since I had off from work, so I did the fast food thing.

Platypus

Lifer
Apr 26, 2001
Originally posted by: Platypus
wait, did krunchykrome or KK start the thread about the spider in the car at wendy's?

that changes my initial reply :D

I figured I'd give McDonalds a shot this time since I found spiders in my car at Wendys last time. :D

lol :p

hanoverphist

Diamond Member
Dec 7, 2006
The McD's near me charges extra for more sauce requested than what is normally included. That said, I haven't eaten there in quite some time, and am trying not to ever again.

the burger king tries to tell me that too, but when i get 5 orders of chicken and 3 of those have onion rings in them, 3 ranch just wont cut it. ive gone inside and argued with the manager, which usually ends up with me getting two ranch per item. that manager hates me. i try to spread those trips out so she has a chance to forget me and my truck before attempting to get decent food from them.

Steve

Lifer
May 2, 2004
www.chicagopipeband.com
Originally posted by: hanoverphist

the burger king tries to tell me that too, but when i get 5 orders of chicken and 3 of those have onion rings in them, 3 ranch just wont cut it. ive gone inside and argued with the manager, which usually ends up with me getting two ranch per item. that manager hates me. i try to spread those trips out so she has a chance to forget me and my truck before attempting to get decent food from them.

If you want decent food, don't go to McD's, BK, Wendy's, etc.

Fritzo

Lifer
Jan 3, 2001
Originally posted by: Shawn
When I go to Wendy's I usually ask for a baked potato instead of fries and a frosty instead of soda. Half the time they don't have a baked potato or their frosty machine is broken. :thumbsdown:

A few times I've just driven off and went somewhere else.

I have the same luck with KFC...one time they were OUT OF CHICKEN. WTF???? Anyone I go into, their credit card machine will be down so I can't pay, their drink machine is down, their drive through speaker doesn't work. Never fails. haven't eaten there in a year as a result.