I just got a response from emailing VP Al Gore

NikPreviousAcct

No Lifer
Aug 15, 2000

<<
Dear Friend:

Thank you for writing to Vice President Gore via electronic mail.
Since coming on line, the Vice President has received hundreds of
thousands of messages from people all over the world.

Although the volume of mail prevents the Vice President from
personally reviewing each message, please be assured that he is made
aware of your concerns, ideas, and suggestions, and a detailed report
of the mail is provided to the Vice President on a regular basis.
Your message will be brought to his attention as part of that report.

We need your help, however, to ensure that we can read and record
your message clearly. Please try to write short and concise messages,
address only one issue per message, and send only one copy of your
message. You will receive one automated response per day.

You may also want to contact
http://www.whitehouse.gov/WH/EOP/OVP/index.html where you may get a
copy of the Vice President's press releases, speeches, bio
information, and background on his initiatives.

Again, thank you for your views and continued interest. They are
very important to us.

Sincerely,

Eric Anderson
Director of Correspondence
for the Vice President

You will only receive one automated response per day
>>

SVTPower

Dec 8, 2000
When you mailed him did you thank him for all the money he's killing this country for??

Viper GTS

Lifer
Oct 13, 1999
My letter to the VP:

Dear Mr. Vice President:

You is suck.

Sincerely,

Viper GTS

Viper GTS

Yeeny

Lifer
Feb 2, 2000
I have an actual letter from Bill Clinton, and one from Hilary too. You will eventually get a letter in the mail from them.

NikPreviousAcct

No Lifer
Aug 15, 2000
in the mail? hmm. No, I wasn't rude. I was very respectful and diplomatic. Here's my letter:

<< Very respectful Salutations to you, sir. I am a young man from Oregon. I must thank you for taking the time to read through this eMail. At the age of 19, I have had the privilage to excersize my obligation, as a citizen of the United States, to vote for a candidate for President of the United States for the first time in my life. In the case that you actually get this instead of this being screened out of what you do get, I would like to withhold the information on who I voted for until I have a response from you, sir.

Since you are in such an honored, valuable, and representative position in our government, you know that the whole world is watching you (along with Governor Bush) in these critical moments more than it has in times passed. As you know, the Presidential election of the United States sparks interest for many reasons to many of my aquaintances around the world. I've been speaking with them about their thoughts on the happenings here, intregued by what I've heard from them. With recent events in the election, what are your thoughts on how the world perceives you in the caption of the Vice President of the United States? How do you think the world perceives you in the sense of candidate for President?

Thank you in advance for any sort of response that you may offer. I highly respect you for your initiative into politics, trying to bring democracy to the people, and your involvement in issues that have done so. I greatly look forward to your response to the questions that I have presented. Again, thank you for taking time out of your obviously extremely busy schedule for my (along with others) curiosity.

Respectfully,
X (name taken out) X
Cornelius, Oregon
>>

NikPreviousAcct

No Lifer
Aug 15, 2000
damn, I'd go to that even if I didn't like the person! Any of those are historical events that I would love to be a part of.

Imported

Lifer
Sep 2, 2000
I mailed Clinton when I was 10 and I got a fake picture with a fake signature along with a made up letter already. No one probably even read it in the first place.. :|

Monel Funkawitz

Diamond Member
Oct 12, 1999
My letter

<< Dear Mr. Al Gore,

I did not have sexual relations with Tipper, nor did I inhale when she did.

Yours truely,

Monel Funkawitz
>>

Pappy

Oct 10, 1999
FFM,
What was the point of all the spelling errors in your letter to the VP? I thought you were going to make some joke about the educational system with them, but it didn't go anywhere. I sure hope as a 19 year-old you don't really spell like that.

NikPreviousAcct

No Lifer
Aug 15, 2000
OMG. I ran a spell checker through Outlook, and it changed those very words from correct (supposedly) to what they are now! SHIT! My spell checker is worse than I am!

hzl eyed grl

Super Moderator<br>Elite Member
Dec 28, 1999
Maybe I'm missing a whole lot. I know for sure I saw one spelling mistake, but where are all the other ones? (I'm really sleepy and that's my only excuse. :p) ;)

Farbio

Diamond Member
Apr 9, 2000
lmao at monel!!!!

and to complete your thought cobalt, doesn't the president get sucked?:)

perry

Diamond Member
Apr 7, 2000
I was an usher at the 92 Inauguration. Pretty cool. But I was too close to the capital to see Clinton when he got out of the limo and walked. Just saw him sittin in the limo waving to people. Secret Service agents were at the corner of every building. That was a coooold day.. temperature wise and politically.

Stealth1024

Platinum Member
Aug 9, 2000
don't get too nasty... the secret service will hunt you down and the FBI will hold your FBI files over your head...

hzl eyed grl

Super Moderator<br>Elite Member
Dec 28, 1999

<< don't get too nasty... the secret service will hunt you down and the FBI will hold your FBI files over your head... >>

Stealth1024,
Sounds like you are saying this from a personal experience. :Q