I just got a costco membership for christmas

mugs

Lifer
Apr 29, 2003
Originally posted by: TheSiege
anything decently priced there? anything really that isnt electronics

Pretty much everything is decently priced there.

The generics are as good as the brand names, BTW. Likely produced by the same company that makes the brand name merchandise. No need to spend the extra money on a 300 oz bottle of Tide when you can get a 300 oz bottle of Kirkland. :) All of their cleaning supplies are crazy cheap (they usually come in ~gallon bottles with a small spray bottle packaged together), even more so when they have sales.

Get a pack of their Kirkland AA batteries. Killer deal.

TheSiege

Diamond Member
Jun 5, 2004
Originally posted by: mugs

ok what is priced better at costco then anywhere else?
what is the appeal of costco?

mugs

Lifer
Apr 29, 2003

I edited my first post to include a few items... but really you need to just go there and you'll see for yourself.

The thing about Costco is, unlike some other stores that sell you cheap crap to get the prices lower, Costco really only sells high quality merchandise.

They have a weekly coupon flyer (they hand it out each week for the next week). That's how you get the really good deals.

iversonyin

Diamond Member
Aug 12, 2004

They used to seem pretty cheap. Now its just decent at best. You can get something cheaper at places like Shop Rite and crap.

I think their electronics section offer some good warranty and better prices than Best Buy.

If and when I get my flat screen, I probably hit up Costco.

JBT

Lifer
Nov 28, 2001

almost everything...

TwinkleToes77

Diamond Member
Jul 13, 2002

The generics are as good as the brand names, BTW. Likely produced by the same company that makes the brand name merchandise. No need to spend the extra money on a 300 oz bottle of Tide when you can get a 300 oz bottle of Kirkland. :) All of their cleaning supplies are crazy cheap (they usually come in ~gallon bottles with a small spray bottle packaged together), even more so when they have sales.

Get a pack of their Kirkland AA batteries. Killer deal.

True enough! I always get the Kirkland TP and Papertowels. and the Kirkland bottled water. I find they also have a really good deal on their ground beef. The chicken i can normally get cheaper elsewhere. Their desserts are to die for :)

chr6

Platinum Member
Oct 1, 2002
the rotisserie chicken, when i go there i usually stock up on the meats, eggs, milk, juice, and get a rotisserie chicken for a quick dinner.

also, they have good bread there too, and my gf and i love these buffalo bleu potato chips. we even returned a bag the other day and complained of flavorless chips, and they happily gave us another bag. yay for costco return policy.

skyking

Lifer
Nov 21, 2001
Ditto on the chicken.
Bananas, 3 lbs for a buck.
frozen chicken breasts.
coffee beans

Eos

Diamond Member
Jun 14, 2000
Butter is about $1.70 per pound. Comes in 4 oz. or 16 oz. sticks.
Shredded parm cheese is about $3.00 per pound.

brtspears2

Diamond Member
Nov 16, 2000
Kirkland Signature vodka isn't too bad. I like the prices on their frozen goods and eggs. 18 eggs, about a buck. Huge sack of fries, $3-4.

IGBT

Lifer
Jul 16, 2001
..If I see something I want I just throw it in the kart. It's not worth my while to spend the diff.on gas trying to save a few dimes. I like their produce and sea food. Lots of salmon..tuna steak fresh crabs/lobster..clams. Great bakery..just grab a kart and go check it out. Usually I can get everything I need at costco. Nearly 100% one stop shopping.

Feb 10, 2000
Their optical shop is unsurpassed - the service and quality are excellent, and the pricing is something like half of what Lenscrafters charges.