I just finished watching all of "Scream" for the first time ever, and it struck me...

FaaR

Golden Member
Dec 28, 2007
I saw maybe half of this movie on TV, sometime in the aughts probably. I didn't remember much of it, and bits I thought I remembered turned out to not actually being part of the movie (such as the finale taking place not inside a house, but rather an auditorium - wtff?? Where did that come from? No idea!)

Anyway... Now having finally watched all of it, I came to realize that "Scream" is basically Scooby Doo, where Fred and Shaggy go crazy and murder Wilma, and then get killed by Daphne.

Just wanted to share, you guys. :D

OccamsToothbrush

Golden Member
Aug 21, 2005
I saw maybe half of this movie on TV, sometime in the aughts probably. I didn't remember much of it, and bits I thought I remembered turned out to not actually being part of the movie (such as the finale taking place not inside a house, but rather an auditorium - wtff?? Where did that come from? No idea!)

Anyway... Now having finally watched all of it, I came to realize that "Scream" is basically Scooby Doo, where Fred and Shaggy go crazy and murder Wilma, and then get killed by Daphne.

Just wanted to share, you guys. :D

How did Wilma get from the stone age to Scooby Doo? Sure, they were both Hanna-Barbera, so the licensing wouldn't be a problem, but Wilma never showed she had the ability to travel in time. Maybe the Great Gazoo could have taken her?

BTW, what is Scooby doing while Fred and Shaggy kill VELMA and then get killed by Daphne? Is he loyal to Shaggy and helps Shaggy kill or does his crime-fighting instinct kick in and he helps put a stop to Fred and Shaggy? And more importantly, was there a hot girl-girl sauna scene with Daphne and Velma because that's what the series was really missing. And heck, why not have Wilma join in since she's there anyway.

#rule34

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: ch33zw1z and x-alki

FaaR

Golden Member
Dec 28, 2007
Wilma, Velma... Who cares? The one with the glasses, ok?

(Except she doesn't have glasses in the movie... :p)

I suppose Scooby has to be the cop guy, so he doesn't really do much other than being generally goofy and useless.

Mar 11, 2004
OP, lay off the drugs mmmkay.

You're probably getting confused with Scream 2, as the ending there takes place in an auditorium.

Mar 11, 2004
I couldn't live without tea. That's pretty much as far as that goes. Not aware of any mind-altering powers of Earl Grey effusion, though! ;)

It apparently did a number on Captain Jean Luc Picard.

This seems pertinent to the thread: