I just drank a lot

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

clamum

Lifer
Feb 13, 2003
The sauce is weak with this one.

The worst is doing too much painkillers and getting sick. Puking about every 20-30 minutes until you go to bed, so if you start getting sick at like 7 pm... your night basically SUCKS.

Mr Pickles

Diamond Member
Feb 24, 2006
Originally posted by: mjuszczak
I just drank a lot. And I was throwing up all the way from Weymouth home (about half hour). I can't stop throwing up, but I've already thrown up 3 times. What do I do? This has never happened to me before. I'm eating bread but it doesn't seem to help.

Suggestions?

You pimp! What are you doing tonight? We're going out again, you and me. See, that's the way to do it right there. Get home after trashing yourself and puking all over the place and post with perfect grammar. That way some newb mod that couldn't take the heat so he resigned won't be all "Take a day off to sober up". Veteran move mjuszczak, verteran move.

Next time, nix the bread and keep drinking. You can't have a hang over if you are technically still obliterated.

manowar821

Diamond Member
Mar 1, 2007
Enjoy it, this is what you were shooting for, right? :p

I'm (not) sorry, but drunk people make me laugh. Hard.

Platypus

Lifer
Apr 26, 2001
man i'm so glad there's a new mjuszczak thread to make me feel better about my life

olds

Elite Member
Mar 3, 2000
Originally posted by: destrekor
Originally posted by: CptCrunch
everytime i go drinking, i always drink 2+ glasses of water before I go to bed. However, if you binge drink/get hammered, drink water, eat bread and in the morning, make a HUGE breakfast and drink plenty of water/gatorade/OJ

huge breakfast isn't always the good idea. I did that once, had to leave the dining hall in a hurry so I could puke. Ugh it sucked. Some mornings I have no appetite.

We used to party in Frankfurt till two in the morning and then take the train back to Hanau. We'd get back around three and I'd put my PT uniform on, take 4 Tylenol and then sleep on top of the covers.
Wake up for PT was at 5:30 and PT at 5:45. MANY mornings I did PT drunk and then went and showered and then ate a big breakfast.
Being young sure helped. ;)

zanejohnson

Diamond Member
Nov 29, 2002
that's exactly why i dont drink, much rather moke a joint...no hangover, no puking, better euphoria.

Josh

Lifer
Mar 20, 2000
You are supposedly so wasted yet you made a perfectly clear post on anandtech and are replying quite clearly...:confused:

If I was wasted the last thing I'd be doing is surfing Anandtech

olds

Elite Member
Mar 3, 2000
Originally posted by: Josh
You are supposedly so wasted yet you made a perfectly clear post on anandtech and are replying quite clearly...:confused:

If I was wasted the last thing I'd be doing is surfing Anandtech

Glad I wasn't the only one to notice that. It's why I called him a drama queen.

Soundmanred

Lifer
Oct 26, 2006
Originally posted by: zanejohnson
that's exactly why i dont drink, much rather moke a joint...no hangover, no puking, better euphoria.

I think you two need to get together.
Seriously.

Randum

Platinum Member
Jan 28, 2004
puke, puke some more..drink water...puke...repeat until it stops, then have one of the best meals of your life...let me suggest some fried food or McDonalds for that one....

Ns1

No Lifer
Jun 17, 2001
Originally posted by: MartyMcFly3
You man up, finish puking, clean yourself up, go to bed, and wake up feeling like shit tomorrow.

++

destrekor

Lifer
Nov 18, 2005
Originally posted by: oldsmoboat
everytime i go drinking, i always drink 2+ glasses of water before I go to bed. However, if you binge drink/get hammered, drink water, eat bread and in the morning, make a HUGE breakfast and drink plenty of water/gatorade/OJ

huge breakfast isn't always the good idea. I did that once, had to leave the dining hall in a hurry so I could puke. Ugh it sucked. Some mornings I have no appetite.

We used to party in Frankfurt till two in the morning and then take the train back to Hanau. We'd get back around three and I'd put my PT uniform on, take 4 Tylenol and then sleep on top of the covers.
Wake up for PT was at 5:30 and PT at 5:45. MANY mornings I did PT drunk and then went and showered and then ate a big breakfast.

i can't imagine PT when you're still halfway drunk. Not if it was a tough day. An easy PT day sure, but only if I knew that in advance. lol
my problem would be waking up early after drinking. Did that once when we jumped in this lake in November, got about 2-3 hours of sleep and woke up still buzzed but got outside and the cold air snapped me out of it. lol

Originally posted by: Ns1
Originally posted by: MartyMcFly3
You man up, finish puking, clean yourself up, go to bed, and wake up feeling like shit tomorrow.

++

:thumbsup:

I wish I could type clearly and focus enough on the monitor after a night like that. :laugh:

IEC

Elite Member
Super Moderator
Jun 10, 2004
I just drank a lot. And I was throwing up all the way from Weymouth home (about half hour). I can't stop throwing up, but I've already thrown up 3 times. What do I do? This has never happened to me before. I'm eating bread but it doesn't seem to help.

Suggestions?

Get a real stomach?

IEC

Elite Member
Super Moderator
Jun 10, 2004

Good thing you weren't taking ibuprofen ;)

destrekor

Lifer
Nov 18, 2005
Originally posted by: Spartan Niner

Good thing you weren't taking ibuprofen ;)

isn't it the other way around? ibuprofen is processed in the stomach, while acetaminophen is processed in the liver, as is aspirin.
Right?

akshatp

Diamond Member
Oct 15, 1999
Man I just got back from a weekend in Vegas where ALL we did was drink... 4 hours of sleep and an Advil and then repeat the next day.

Although I didnt see the need to create a topic about it on AT. Not that I even could have in the state I was in most of the weekend. If you were posting about it here, you werent drunk enough to complain.

LikeLinus

Lifer
Jul 25, 2001

Suggestions?

Shens. You ATOT'ers will believe anything. He's been drinking so much that he's puking for 1/2 hour all over the place. All the sudden he can log on to ATOT and write cohereant sentences with no misspellings?

Riiiiight.

SampSon

Diamond Member
Jan 3, 2006
Originally posted by: ForumMaster
going on a binge is bad for your liver even if you do it once. congrats, you now have a scar on your liver.

drinking a lot of alcohol at once is very very bad for you liver. don't take any meds like mwmorph said. it will just give your liver more work. drink lot's of water to replace body fluids that were lost when you puked and to dilute your alcohol blood percentage.

never drink lot's of alcohol at once. when you drink it all at once, your liver struggles and get's damaged. if you take it slowly, you can still drink a lot but without damaging you liver.
There was a time in my life where I heavily abused pain medication and alcohol. Lots of APAP along with alcohol. This went on for a couple years before I cleaned up.

My doctor ran all kinds of tests to see the condition of my body, which included my liver. He concluded my liver was basically in perfect order, no truely measurable damage.

While I have no doubt what you say has some merit, my personal experience has proven it to be completely false.