I just drank a lot

manlymatt83

Lifer
Oct 14, 2005
I just drank a lot. And I was throwing up all the way from Weymouth home (about half hour). I can't stop throwing up, but I've already thrown up 3 times. What do I do? This has never happened to me before. I'm eating bread but it doesn't seem to help.

Suggestions?

manlymatt83

Lifer
Oct 14, 2005
I had my last drink @ 1:00 AM - almost 3.5 hours ago. Its starting to subside. Now I think I'm just tired. I just threw up again. Now its all burps. I feel better. Time to go to bed?

mwmorph

Diamond Member
Dec 27, 2004
drink some water and then go to bed. It's not that bad yet... at least you haven't woken up 8 times over a 12 hour period to puke. That was fun. I wouldn't eat until I feel the nausea subsiding, you'd just end up puking it up, fluids=good, food, if theres sever nausea, not going to be too effective.

No matter what, don't use painkillers tomorrow, your liver will handle the alcohol fine, even after however much you've drank since you dont binge every night like an alcoholic but mixing ibprofuen, asprin or tylenol(especially tylenol I believe) leads directly to minor cirrhosis.

Ika

Lifer
Mar 22, 2006
Just wait until you get to the point where you're dry-retching. That's the worst. The last time I drank too much (about a fifth's worth of smirnoff), I puked all over some poor dude's floor, then half-passed out. Woke up in the morning at 9am, went back to my room, and retched for about 5 minutes on an empty stomach. It sucks.

Scarpozzi

Lifer
Jun 13, 2000
Just make sure you brush your teeth before you pass out. Trust me, you're going to smell like ass in a casket anyway when you wake up, but if you've puked you may smell even worse unless you gargle.

ForumMaster

Diamond Member
Feb 24, 2005
Originally posted by: mwmorph
drink some water and then go to bed. It's not that bad yet... at least you haven't woken up 8 times over a 12 hour period to puke. That was fun. I wouldn't eat until I feel the nausea subsiding, you'd just end up puking it up, fluids=good, food, if theres sever nausea, not going to be too effective.

No matter what, don't use painkillers tomorrow, your liver will handle the alcohol fine, even after however much you've drank since you don't binge every night like an alcoholic but mixing ibprofuen, aspirin or Tylenol(especially Tylenol I believe) leads directly to minor cirrhosis.

going on a binge is bad for your liver even if you do it once. congrats, you now have a scar on your liver.

drinking a lot of alcohol at once is very very bad for you liver. don't take any meds like mwmorph said. it will just give your liver more work. drink lot's of water to replace body fluids that were lost when you puked and to dilute your alcohol blood percentage.

never drink lot's of alcohol at once. when you drink it all at once, your liver struggles and get's damaged. if you take it slowly, you can still drink a lot but without damaging you liver.

thecoolnessrune

Diamond Member
Jun 8, 2005
You alcoholics will always give us boring fundies something to laugh at at the end... (or in this case beginning...) of the day :laugh:

destrekor

Lifer
Nov 18, 2005
When you wake up this morning, drink not only water but get some electrolytes in ya. Grab a powerade or gatorade. Your body passed a lot of electrolytes alongside other toxins throughout the course of the constant pissing the night of drinking, and through all the puking.
Drinking a nice big bottle of powerade, and grabbing a little food if you think you can handle it, will lead to a faster recovery than drinking straight water. And don't drink anything that's going to dehydrate you.

And one of the purposes of drinking the water is to help push out the toxins that remain from imperfect alcohol metabolism, and those toxins are responsible for the hangover. But if you drink a LOT of water you will definitely push out salts too, so like I said.. a nice 32oz or even just a 20oz bottle of Gatorade, Powerade, or a 4:1 ratio sports recovery drink (carbs+protein) will be the best bet. Gotta be formulated for 'recovery' though. I have this power mix, from PowerBar, it's for recovery and has a specific blend in it. That stuff is gold for hangovers. :)

CptCrunch

Golden Member
Jan 31, 2005
everytime i go drinking, i always drink 2+ glasses of water before I go to bed. However, if you binge drink/get hammered, drink water, eat bread and in the morning, make a HUGE breakfast and drink plenty of water/gatorade/OJ

destrekor

Lifer
Nov 18, 2005
Originally posted by: CptCrunch
everytime i go drinking, i always drink 2+ glasses of water before I go to bed. However, if you binge drink/get hammered, drink water, eat bread and in the morning, make a HUGE breakfast and drink plenty of water/gatorade/OJ

huge breakfast isn't always the good idea. I did that once, had to leave the dining hall in a hurry so I could puke. Ugh it sucked. Some mornings I have no appetite.

duragezic

Lifer
Oct 11, 1999
Originally posted by: thecoolnessrune
You alcoholics will always give us boring fundies something to laugh at at the end... (or in this case beginning...) of the day :laugh:
:roll:

Yeah, clearly OP is an alcoholic. He got wasted tonight.

OP was so drunk that he puked tons yet he came home to post on OT? Man up, puke, pass out in bathroom, on a floor, or your bed if you can make it. Wake up hungover. Pace yourself next time.