i just downloaded some Paul Oakenfold...

iamwiz82

Lifer
Jan 10, 2001
... My god, how can you listen to this?

tsh tsh tsh tsh tsh tsh tsh tsh tshtshtshtshtsh tsh tsh tsh tsh tsh

I can make better noise by farting on a snare drum!

RedRooster

Diamond Member
Sep 14, 2000
But would that put food on your table, a chick in your bed, and a Porsche in your garage? :)

iamwiz82

Lifer
Jan 10, 2001

<< But would that put food on your table, a chick in your bed, and a Porsche in your garage? :) >>

if it worked for this guy, it'll work for me too!

beatniks3

Apr 14, 2000

<< I can make better noise by farting on a snare drum! >>

--that's how oakenfold does it to! what is the title of what you downloaded...some oakie is better than others...

luv2chill

Diamond Member
Feb 22, 2000
My favorite Oakenfold is his Perfecto Presents Another World 2-cd set (esp. disc two). His "Tranceport" disc (the first in the series) is good too. Keep in mind that he doesn't write any of it--he's just a DJ--he mixes music written by other people.

l2c

P.S. Edit: I agree with Nate--you can't beat old school Sasha & Digweed. Try something from the Northern Exposure series.

skylark

Feb 24, 2001
all trancefreaks have name for this money-grubbing snob: oakenjoke.

He hasn't changed his musical styles for several years. I like some of his sets, don't have much to say for his mixing skills or styles.

As for hard house.. Hmmm good.. but Goa/Psy Trance has more kick and finesse...

If anyone wants an education in trance, check www.tranceaddict.com. I'm a member there, and I know Dannylove is also.

Keep the Peace

SWScorch

Diamond Member
May 13, 2001
I like some trance, but only as background music. Its hard to really get into this music. I have "purple" and "cafe del Mar" by oakenfold, and I must admit I think they're pretty good. Trance is very repititive, whichis why I cant "get into it." But the beat and the cool funky sounds are cool :) Now this song I'm listening to (Metallica - Loverman), now thats easy to get into.... *begins headbanging and moshing * oops, I think I just knocked my aquarium over, brb