I just avoided getting my ass chewed off by the company CFO and possibly CEO

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

eLiu

Diamond Member
Jun 4, 2001
Now you know...SAVE SAVE SAVE and shut down when you change stuff. It's just safe practice

edit: that's the problem w/being 'too experienced'...you start to cut corners. I did that w/a knife once...you see I use my fingers to guide the width of my slices, and I quickly got to the point where I didn't have to look/pay attention to hands while I chopped food...or so I thought. Poor finger ><

PawNtheSandman

May 27, 2005
Good save.

Make sure you remove her username from the admins group though. Don't want her causing more problems for you.

Runes911

Golden Member
Dec 6, 2000
Originally posted by: jpeyton
The dumbass that does 4 hours of work without saving deserves to be fired. That is simply unacceptable when saving your work takes a total of 5 seconds.

QFT can't believe no ones else noticed this too!

rahvin

Elite Member
Oct 10, 1999
Originally posted by: notfred
So, she would have lost 4 hours of work. How long did you spend trying to fix it? You probably saved one or two hours in the end.

Let me guess, you work for the government?

8 Hours of IT time < 1 Hour of accounting time (at the end of the quarter).

TechBoyJK

Lifer
Oct 17, 2002
Originally posted by: Yossarian
you've been in IT how long and you don't have people save before you even touch their machine?

QFT. as much of a good hack is as what you did, an even better one would have been, so I told her to save her work first, when the screen didnt come up, i told her to reboot, and presto!

mcvickj

Diamond Member
Dec 13, 2001
Originally posted by: her209
I tell her she doesn't need to shut down or save anything, just lock her computer.

As soon as I read this I could help but think WTF?!? I never touch any machine unless work has been saved and every program has been closed.

Nice save. Lesson learned. :beer:

Confused

Elite Member
Nov 13, 2000
Great save, BUT you should never have got yourself in that situation in the first place.

Ten out of ten for style, but minus several million for good thinking!

sapiens74

Platinum Member
Jan 14, 2004
I had the CFO of this company I work with tell me no on something, so I went to the President

When he found out he turned three shades of Red

waggy

No Lifer
Dec 14, 2000
a great save? no.

You reallly should not have had the problem tin the first place. But at least you learned from it!

her209

No Lifer
Oct 11, 2000
Originally posted by: sapiens74
I had the CFO of this company I work with tell me no on something, so I went to the President

When he found out he turned three shades of Red
He got mad at you or the CFO?

RaDragon

Diamond Member
May 23, 2000
Originally posted by: Yossarian
you've been in IT how long and you don't have people save before you even touch their machine?

Yup, my thoughts exactly. Good save, though. You got lucky... this time. ;)