I hit the audio lottery today at goodwill :D

Thump553

Lifer
Jun 2, 2000
I've heard so many stories like this. I scour the local Goodwills fairly often and have never, ever seen anything electronic that was listed at less than three or four times its real value. I envy you.

JeffMD

Platinum Member
Feb 15, 2002
Actually I'm not surprised. There are many great sounding book shelf speakers that come with a high end stereo set, but if you don't have the set around anymore you would have no idea how good the speakers might be, and stuff like that isn't really tested.

funboy6942

Lifer
Nov 13, 2001
I've heard so many stories like this. I scour the local Goodwills fairly often and have never, ever seen anything electronic that was listed at less than three or four times its real value. I envy you.

I went there and when I looked down and saw them. I was like holy shit, does that say Yamaha on them, they are huge! Pulled them out, and they looked great, and said to myself, shit, I only got $20 bucks in my pocket, these are going to be way tooo much, and say $14.99 on them and was gitty like a school child :D

I ran to the cash register as fast as I could and got out of there, and on the way out I was stopped by two other guys going WHAT DID YOU GET! I showed them ad they couldnt believe it either.

And btw, these are not part of a ht in a box set, you buy these separate. And I hooked them up to my Onkyo TX NR809, and OMG for what they are, they are just amazing, and for $15, they are the beezkneez :D :D :D

The Goodwill in by me sells electronics dirt cheap. I got 3 19" not too old monitors for 10 bucks each. A 5 disc dvd player for 10 bucks as well so far. They had a oldish Sony home theater, I should of got if I had the money, for 20 bucks, but someone got there just seconds before me. They are the place to go. I stop there now every thursday and saturday when Im done donating my plasma for that money is my fun money to spend there.

Last edited:

marincounty

Diamond Member
Nov 16, 2005
My local Goodwill sucks, their prices are way too high. Salvation Army OTOH has good prices and has frequent sales.
I picked up a nice Denon DVD player for $5.50 + no tax.