I hereby summon the collective... Anybody heard of QC (International?) Trucking? UPDATE: Found them, negotiating ?'s

Viper GTS

Lifer
Oct 13, 1999
The g/f got rear-ended on a on/off ramp today. A truck driver pulled too far into the intersection, slammed it into reverse, pushed her backwards, then he took off. She wrote down all the info she could see, unfortunately she neglected to get the state of the license plate. She got the license plate, the truck number, & the name of the trucking co (QC Trucking, possibly with international thrown in there).

The only QC trucking we can find is located in Quebec, Pittsburgh PA is quite a ways from Quebec, though I suppose it's possible...

She's pretty sure he wasn't aware that he hit her, but his bumper is dented (so he will be).

Any suggestions would be appreciated, I know we have some truck drivers here.

[EDIT]She located the company (LINK), & they have asked her to get repair quotes. She's gotten one quote thus far, for $780 and change. I think this is low for the damage she has described. She hasn't sent me pictures, but from what she's told me I think she's going to need a new hood, front bumper, & right fender, plus the usual assortment of lights, turn signals, etc.

1) They have only asked for one quote, how can she make sure she gets enough? She is likely going to repair the car. I told her to make sure they quote a re-paint, given the age of the vehicle matching the paint is going to be difficult.

2) What are the odds they'll just give her an arbitrary amount if she asks for it (rather than giving them a quote)? I'm not talking exorbitant amounts here, maybe $2,000 to make sure she gets everything repaired to her satisfaction.

Anything else we need to watch for?[/EDIT]

Viper GTS

Eli

Super Moderator | Elite Member
Oct 9, 1999
Hmm.

I'm not really sure, but.. I'd think with the plate number, you'll be golden.

Just turn it over to her insurance company? Shrug.

GalvanizedYankee

Diamond Member
Oct 27, 2003
Fully loaded they can hit you and not even know or feel it, then just drive on.

Call your States Highway Patrol/Trooper office, as they are the ones that run the scales, site & inspect trucks.
The accident should be reported within 24 hours anyway.

A young friend of mine pulled up on the right of a 40' trailer on his Katana, he bailed just in time to see his Suzi
squashed as the truck turned right. The driver didn't even know it, he probably thought he had rubbed the curb.

Bryophyte

Lifer
Apr 25, 2001
Take it to the dealer for a quote. You'll be assured of getting the right parts, not poor-quality knock-off parts. I'm pretty sure the insurance company is required to accept any quote you give from a legitimate repair facility.