i hear birds!!

wirednuts

Diamond Member
Jan 26, 2007
theres snow on the ground here too, about a foot.

a few weeks ago i saw two little ones "fighting" on the ground :) those eggs are getting close to hatching!

DrPizza

Administrator Elite Member Goat Whisperer
Mar 5, 2001
www.slatebrookfarm.com
Still snow covering 95% of the ground, but I hear birds too. They sound like roosters. Damn things, I wish they'd shut up some days.

Jaskalas

Lifer
Jun 23, 2004
Yes... there are bees all over outside. My glorious three months without them have ended. :'(

lxskllr

No Lifer
Nov 30, 2004
Another snowless winter. The stench of summer's in the air, the government's dicked up the clocks, and the grass is gonna start growing. I hate it.

wirednuts

Diamond Member
Jan 26, 2007
Another snowless winter. The stench of summer's in the air, the government's dicked up the clocks, and the grass is gonna start growing. I hate it.

yikes. i like living in the upper midwest. it gets really cold in the winter, but its also very cleansing to everything. all the bugs die. all the snow is melting, and the spring rains will wash everything sparkly clean. summer smells like everything but stench around here! its beautiful.

lxskllr

No Lifer
Nov 30, 2004
yikes. i like living in the upper midwest. it gets really cold in the winter, but its also very cleansing to everything. all the bugs die. all the snow is melting, and the spring rains will wash everything sparkly clean. summer smells like everything but stench around here! its beautiful.

I was picking up sticks in a friend's yard yesterday. I was wearing a thermal shirt with the sleeves pulled up, and was sweating a little bit. I was thinking how awesome that would be for a typical mid August day. It's much less awesome in early March. Gnat clouds were already starting to form outside, and mosquitoes won't be far behind. I have ants on my counter, and the stinkbugs are starting to wake :^/

Soccerman06

Diamond Member
Jul 29, 2004
Speaking of spring, it rained last night and now there is an inch of snow on the ground

ibex333

Diamond Member
Mar 26, 2005
spring time!!

what a long cold winter!

Not so fast buddy.

I also hear "birds"... The fridge in the kitchen constantly makes these annoying chirping sounds... It is driving me nuts during the night and I cannot sleep... Seriously, WTF? Have you ever heard of a chirping fridge?

DrPizza

Administrator Elite Member Goat Whisperer
Mar 5, 2001
www.slatebrookfarm.com
Yes... there are bees all over outside. My glorious three months without them have ended. :'(

A bee landed on my tractor while I was outside working on it today. That might have been my happiest moment of the whole day. (3 frickin hours spent getting a starter out of my car certainly didn't provide any happy moments. 2 bolts, one nut. 3 hours of removing stuff to try to get to those bolts and nut.)

Red Squirrel

No Lifer
May 24, 2003
www.anyf.ca
We're getting our near-end winter heat wave right now. Tons of snow melting, lots of water, almost all of the streets are actually down to pavement. There is that glimpse of hope, that summer exists, and will come at some point. The rapture of the snow, if you will.

This melting is also making it so I don't have to shoot snow as high next time I have to shovel, so it's welcomed.

JamesV

Platinum Member
Jul 9, 2011
It hit 62 degrees here today in Cleveland, according to my car's temperature reading. Beautiful day; too bad I'm sick as a dog, and temps are supposed to drop into the 30s. :(

xanis

Lifer
Sep 11, 2005
For some reason I felt like this winter was extra depressing. Definitely looking forward to some nicer weather. :thumbsup:

wirednuts

Diamond Member
Jan 26, 2007
For some reason I felt like this winter was extra depressing. Definitely looking forward to some nicer weather. :thumbsup:
i agree.

it was just a normal winter, it didnt get super cold but it was cold for a looong time. 4 solid months + here, which is normal but last 10 years we have been spoiled so its hard when things do their normal stuff. last year was crazy, i think we only had a month below freezing... it was like 50F for most of the winter. was so awesome.

Red Squirrel

No Lifer
May 24, 2003
www.anyf.ca
It's odd since it does indeed feel like this winter has been dragging on, yet it started so late for us. I think it was close to like December by the time we got our first permanent snow fall.

Still a couple more months to go.

I think what makes it feel long is even though it may have started late, for 3 months it was anticipated that we should have snow by now, and that it's probably around the corner, so even though it may not technically be winter weather outside, in the head, it's still winter.

mmntech

Lifer
Sep 20, 2007
Was beautiful out today. Bright sunshine, 10c. Washed the car and took my bicycle out for the first ride of the season. Man my legs have atrophied over the winter. Saw a couple of doves out in the backyard. Unlike their pigeon cousins, they disappear during winter.

It does feel like a long winter. Summer sort of ended abruptly mid September followed by a cold and dreary autumn. Got a lot of snow but all at once through February. I really can't stand the cold and I don't have any outdoor winter activities so I'm glad it's almost over.