I hear a clicking noise under the hood when I park my car.

Kaieye

Platinum Member
Oct 9, 1999
I have a 2000 Mazda with the warranty up in about two weeks. Should I bring the car in to have the CV joint inspected? I hear some clicks everytime I park the car or parallel park. If you were me, would you take the car back to Mazda and tell them to fix it??

Thanks for reading.

Cooljt1

Golden Member
Jan 11, 2002
oh come on...are you freaking brain dead...read what you just wrote and then ask yourself if you should go in. yes, you should bring it in before your warranty is up...you already knew this answer when you posted it...

Dacalo

Diamond Member
Mar 31, 2000
Why not? Take it to the dealer to see what is up.

It could be that your car is cooling down?

conjur

No Lifer
Jun 7, 2001
I hear a clicking noise under the hood when I park my car
Uh....engine cooling off?

Quite normal.

:confused:

As for the clicking when parking, maybe tie rod ends? Something in steering?

Reel

Diamond Member
Jul 14, 2001
sometimes i hear clicking in my trunk. it goes away in a few days though.

Nyical

Golden Member
Feb 7, 2003
Na I think you should just let it go until it stops running and then post another YACT and whine and biatch about how you tried to bring it in to the dealer after your warranty was up and biatch because they wouldnt repair it and then you
can let everybody know how big of azzhole the dealer is and how they are screwing you around. :D

Red

Diamond Member
Aug 22, 2002
Buy a RWD car next time so you don't have to mess with CV crap.

Red

Diamond Member
Aug 22, 2002
Originally posted by: Pepsi90919
Originally posted by: Redhotjrm
Buy a RWD car next time so you don't have to mess with CV crap.

and instead have to mess with u-joints and a rear axle.

It's worth it! RWD are much easier to work on. However, no more crap on this thread. Take it to the dealership if you have two weeks left.

Kadarin

Lifer
Nov 23, 2001
Take a peek underneath to see if the cv boots are torn. Or just take it in to the dealer and have them check it out. If you're hearing clicking while the engine's running and you're turning hard at low speed, my first thought is the cv joints.

Kaieye

Platinum Member
Oct 9, 1999
I am pretty sure it is the CV joints clicking. Look out Mazda dealer, here I come...

Hobophobe

Dec 8, 2002
That sounds like the "click of death." Your engine hard disk is probably going bad. Back up your mileage data right away and get the manufacturer to replace it while you're still covered by the warranty.

jurzdevil

Golden Member
Feb 3, 2002
Originally posted by: Hobophobe
That sounds like the "click of death." Your engine hard disk is probably going bad. Back up your mileage data right away and get the manufacturer to replace it while you're still covered by the warranty.

RMA!!!!!