I have to write a paper

ZiKi

Mar 19, 2004
For english class, I have to write a cause and effect paper. Here is the topic:

Select a bad habit you have (procrastinating) and explain its causes and effects.

So i'm sitting here, thinking about what to write and am drawing blanks. Then I was thinking about how I sit through every class and listen, but not learn. The information doesn't exactly go in one ear and come out the other, but instead sometimes sits in my head as information, not as knowledge. It seems like I only read things that are interesting to me, and everything else seems boring and never seeps in like the interesting things do. Is there something wrong with me? Am I a regular person, or do I have ADD or something? Every test is a bad grade, even in introductory algebra, which is so easy for me. I never study for my tests and I'm guessing that's what's causing the poor grades. Its not that I don't want bad test scores, but it seems that I'm not motivated enough to care. I don't know, i'm very confused.

Thoughts?

JSFLY

Golden Member
Mar 24, 2006
If it makes you feel better, I have a cost accounting test tommorow to study for and an audit case due as well as a wellness assignment. Havent started yet.

jhayx7

Platinum Member
Oct 1, 2005
You are writing a paper about procrastination that is due in the morning? You don't have the motivation to study before tests? You think you have ADD? You have below average grades?

Sounds like a good student to me :D

ZiKi

Mar 19, 2004
Then i guess I don't want to be a good student. I want to be a superb student with a great future. But what is my future? What do I want to be? I just dont know

ZiKi

Mar 19, 2004
I have no idea where to start and what to base my ideas off of.

Canai

Diamond Member
Oct 4, 2006
Just turn in a blank paper and say, this was the best way to describe procrastination, then grab it back from them and scribble your name on the top :D

ZiKi

Mar 19, 2004
the class is composition 101. if it were psychology, i think i'd be different.

wiisucksdick

Banned
Nov 1, 2006
you want my thoughts on the subject?

How about you get your ass off the internet and think about the topic. Im not here to do your homework and wipe your ass.

krunchykrome

Lifer
Dec 28, 2003
You're not the only one writing a paper due in the morning. :D

My problem was getting A's on my first two papers and then getting cocky and waiting until the last minute to write this one.

S Freud

Diamond Member
Apr 25, 2005
I was in your exact situation last night, stayed up all night writing a paper and annalysis. Then I fell asleep and missed the class, all that work for nothing.:|

*Punches self in face*

kumanchu

Golden Member
Feb 15, 2000
why not talk about how procrastinating on a paper about cause and effects has for writing the paper itself.

i suppose it's kind of clever...

Jinru

Feb 6, 2006
Originally posted by: Canai
Just turn in a blank paper and say, this was the best way to describe procrastination, then grab it back from them and scribble your name on the top :D

LOL :laugh:.

Nocturnal

Lifer
Jan 8, 2002
Causes of procrastination:

Laziness
Stupidity

Effect:

Low GPA
Getting kicked out of school
Low self-esteem/self-worth