I have this problem breathing through my nose

fLum0x

Golden Member
Jun 4, 2004
I sneezed exceptionally hard or something recently and it feel like a "flap" came loose in the upper part of my nose. When i breathe in, the flap opens, and when i breathe out it closes. If you look up my nose when i blow out, you can see a flesh colored object cover up the air passage. It is so high up in my nose that you cannot even touch it or get to it with a finger or tweezers really. What the hell could this be? I am having a hard time sleeping and breathing :(

fLum0x

Golden Member
Jun 4, 2004
i made an appointment with an ENT before i posted and thankfully i am getting in at 3:30 today. I kept waking up last night and i had to breathe through my mouth all night just so i could get some sleep.

I was just trying to see what it could be and look up some things so i would be more knowledgeable when i go to the doctor.

GoatMonkey

Golden Member
Feb 25, 2005
It is my expert random internet guy medical opinion that you sneezed your brain loose. If you poke it too hard you'll die.

fLum0x

Golden Member
Jun 4, 2004
Originally posted by: moshquerade
maybe you blew up a nasal polyp.

you are correct. I have a nasal polyp attached to my sinuses. We don't know which sinus it is in and i need to have a cat scan to see which it is. Then i will need sinus surgery to remove it. Does anyone know someone that has had this done before? I am kind of concerned about messing with sinuses. Messing anything up with sinuses could be nasty.

Jeff7

Lifer
Jan 4, 2001
Originally posted by: fLum0x
Originally posted by: moshquerade
maybe you blew up a nasal polyp.

you are correct. I have a nasal polyp attached to my sinuses. We don't know which sinus it is in and i need to have a cat scan to see which it is. Then i will need sinus surgery to remove it. Does anyone know someone that has had this done before? I am kind of concerned about messing with sinuses. Messing anything up with sinuses could be nasty.

Aw, but now you can go "Thffffbbbtt!!!" at people without using your tongue!

eits

Lifer
Jun 4, 2005
www.integratedssr.com
Originally posted by: fLum0x
I sneezed exceptionally hard or something recently and it feel like a "flap" came loose in the upper part of my nose. When i breathe in, the flap opens, and when i breathe out it closes. If you look up my nose when i blow out, you can see a flesh colored object cover up the air passage. It is so high up in my nose that you cannot even touch it or get to it with a finger or tweezers really. What the hell could this be? I am having a hard time sleeping and breathing :(

sounds like your nasal conchae might be inflamed... probably due to allergies. try an antihistamine... you should be good. either that or it's a nasal polyp.

edit: ah, ok, so it was a polyp. they stick instruments (camera and clamps) up your nose and tie the ah heck off or just snip it off and cauterize it.