I have the best g/f!

Gibson486

Lifer
Aug 9, 2000
I just got my birthday present from my g/f, she got me Logitech Z-540's!!!!!! Ah man, they are great! What make shere even better is that they hvae a new Best Buy open near Fenway, and she wants to go with me! Dam, woman do not better than this. I am a lucky one.:)

One question though, the speakers have 2 hooks ups, a black one and green one. where does the black one go?

MainFramed

Diamond Member
May 29, 2002
lol the black one goess on the back of the sub woofer the green one into the comp :)

congrads and happy b-day :)

you'll love the speakers i got em...listeing to em right now. There great :D

Electrode

Diamond Member
May 4, 2001
here4amission is probably right about the connectors. As for your girlfriend, take my advice: STAB HER! ;)

Joemonkey

Diamond Member
Mar 3, 2001
your sound card should have like 4-6 hookups depending on which type it is... on my sound card, the black one goes closest to the game port, then the green one right next to it... next is line in, then mic (i think)

and that does kick ass... my wife isn't too tech savvy, and i wouldn't really trust her to buy something computer oriented... but she does other awesome stuff to make up for that too

NikPreviousAcct

No Lifer
Aug 15, 2000
I don't have the z-540's, so I wouldn't know where to tell you to put the black plug. But I'm sure it comes with paperwork explaining what it's for and I'm sure your soundcard has documentation as to what port is what on it for each cord from the speaker set. :) Good luck; You do have a great girlfriend. ;)

nik

Gibson486

Lifer
Aug 9, 2000
lol the black one goess on the back of the sub woofer the green one into the comp

well, I thought it was like my past 2.1's, but there is no little input to insert the black plug into. The instructions (dam, I actually read the instructions) say "connect green plug from audio input cable to the front jack and the black into the rear jack into your soundcard". What is this front jack they are talking about? I just have teh black plug dnagling now.

and that does kick ass... my wife isn't too tech savvy, and i wouldn't really trust her to buy something computer oriented... but she does other awesome stuff to make up for that too

my g/f does lots of awsome stuff too.;) She is a dam good poet.

whiteboyatcal

Jul 1, 2002
Your g/f is smart like mine. Girls who give "thoughtful" gifts to guys like picture frames are just retarded. Smart girls know that all you have to do to please a computer dork is buy him electronics occasionally :D

Now go give her the reward she deserves...

Joemonkey

Diamond Member
Mar 3, 2001
tell us what kind of sound card you have

if you just have a sound card with mic, line in, and speakers out, you MIGHT be able to switch the line in to the rear-speaker connector (MIGHT being a strong word, heard you could do it on some cards, never done it myself)

if you have a 5.1 card, you should have mic, line-in, front, and rear hookups... some sound cards have even more than that, like center and sides (think those are like the 7.1 cards)