Question I have older hp 19-2113w that came with Windows 8 is it possible to install Windows 10?

EpicSurvivor

Golden Member
Aug 14, 2012
Hi I have a hp 19-2113w that came with Windows 8 that is about 6 years old but recently the HDD failed so I plan to purchase an SSD and install Windows 10 on it. Just wanted to double check if it was possible to install Windows 10 on this PC on a new SSD? or if it wouldn't allow it due to some backwards compatibility issues?

Hope someone can answer my question.

Thank you!

JackMDS

Elite Member
Super Moderator
Oct 25, 1999
If this computer run Activated Win 10 then it is registered as Active on MS Server and it will run Win 10 on new Win 10 installation too.

If you download Win 11 ISO and install it on a Flash drive using Rufus it would be upgrade to Win 11.

If the RAM memory in it is only 4GB check if you can upgrade it to 8 GB, it would run much smoother.

:cool:

EpicSurvivor

Golden Member
Aug 14, 2012
If this computer run Activated Win 10 then it is registered as Active on MS Server and it will run Win 10 on new Win 10 installation too.

If you download Win 11 ISO and install it on a Flash drive using Rufus it would be upgrade to Win 11.

If the RAM memory in it is only 4GB check if you can upgrade it to 8 GB, it would run much smoother.

:cool:
Well it originally came with Windows 8 that's how old it is but the HDD went out and I am going to replace it with an SSD and try to put Windows 10 on it.

EpicSurvivor

Golden Member
Aug 14, 2012
Hey quick Update to the OG post. Installing the SSD and Windows 10 was easy and had zero issues on the All in one.

Only thing is I did a Bootable USB with Windows 10 from the Microsoft website and when installing Windows 10 it ask me to log in or create an account.
I don't want to add my own account to Windows 10 when installing Windows 10 because I am going to be selling the computer. Is there a way to install Windows 10 without having the Log in or Create a Microsoft Account?

Reactions: DAPUNISHER

OnyxRem

Jul 5, 2023
Hi I have a hp 19-2113w that came with Windows 8 that is about 6 years old but recently the HDD failed so I plan to purchase an SSD and install Windows 10 on it. Just wanted to double check if it was possible to install Windows 10 on this PC on a new SSD? or if it wouldn't allow it due to some backwards compatibility issues?

Hope someone can answer my question.

Thank you!

Mobile Cric
I have a six-year-old HP 19-2113w desktop that originally came with Windows 8. Unfortunately, the HDD recently failed, and I'm considering replacing it with an SSD. However, before making the purchase, I want to ensure that I can install Windows 10 on the new SSD without any compatibility issues. I understand that the system was initially designed for Windows 8, and I'm concerned whether it would support Windows 10 or if there might be any backward compatibility problems.

Last edited:

daveybrat

Elite Member
Super Moderator
Jan 31, 2000
I have a six-year-old HP 19-2113w desktop that originally came with Windows 8. Unfortunately, the HDD recently failed, and I'm considering replacing it with an SSD. However, before making the purchase, I want to ensure that I can install Windows 10 on the new SSD without any compatibility issues. I understand that the system was initially designed for Windows 8, and I'm concerned whether it would support Windows 10 or if there might be any backward compatibility problems.

You shouldn't have any issues with a new SSD and a clean installation of Windows 10.

EpicSurvivor

Golden Member
Aug 14, 2012
You shouldn't have any issues with a new SSD and a clean installation of Windows 10.
Hi So since i made this post everything went well the computer has been up and running no issues. And yes Installed the SSD on it ZERO problems. It runs way faster now but its still slow due to its age.

Thank you :)